3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 16, 2007 12:49 PM by ritjunior

Navigation

ritjunior
      I have several buttons linked to various .swf's. After leaving the "ENTER" page and navigating forward with the buttons, each time you release a button the "ENTER" page reappears for an instant or longer before bringing up the correct linked page. How can I stop this from happening??
        • 1. Re: Navigation
          mclem Level 1
          lets see some code... by enter page do you mean an actual html page or is everything taking place inside a swf that calls up other swf's?
          • 2. Re: Navigation
            ritjunior Level 1
            Hi Mark:
            The first page has an "ENTER" button which links to a "HOME" page which has six additional buttons linking to various other pages. All of the pages are external .SWF's. The code is BROWSER/NETWORK>LOAD MOVIE which prompts me to enter URL and level:

on (release) {
            loadMovieNum("blvdProp_home2.swf", 1);
            }

I use level 1 for each .SWF so it automatically bumps the previous page out. All of this works except that the initial "ENTER" page reappears for 1 to 5 seconds during the transition from one page to another upon release of a button. Here's the site address: www.boulevardpropertiesllc.com
            Check it out and see what I mean.
            • 3. Re: Navigation
              ritjunior Level 1
              Hi Mark:
              The first page has an "ENTER" button which links to a "HOME" page which has six additional buttons linking to various other pages. All of the pages are external .SWF's. The code is BROWSER/NETWORK>LOAD MOVIE which prompts me to enter URL and level:

on (release) {
              loadMovieNum("blvdProp_home2.swf", 1);
              }

I use level 1 for each .SWF so it automatically bumps the previous page out. All of this works except that the initial "ENTER" page reappears for 1 to 5 seconds during the transition from one page to another upon release of a button. Here's the site address: www.boulevardpropertiesllc.com
              Check it out and see what I mean.