6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 21, 2014 6:29 AM by c.pfaffenbichler

Adjustments not taking full effect

Skibby

Hello,

I am editing a photograph in Photoshop CC 64bit and when I try to use adjustments such as Brightness/Contrast, Levels, Curves or Exposure etc, the adjustment does not seem to take effect to the extent that I am shown in the preview. So for example, I want to increase the brightness using the Brightness/Contrast sliders, I have the Preview button ticked so I can preview the effect and when I set it how I want it to look and click OK, the photo changes, but not to the extent that the preview is showing me. So the photograph is getting brighter, but not as bright as I can see when I'm previewing my adjustment. This happens on more than just the Brightness/Contrast adjustment. So far, I've had this problem with Brightness/Contrast, Levels, Curves and Exposure.

This only seems to happen when I am editing NEF files in Photoshop. I've edited JPGs and they work fine. Another thing I have noticed, and this might just be coincidence, but when I am editing a NEF in Photoshop that has not been adjusted in Camera Raw (ie the sliders in Camera Raw have just been left at 0), I don't seem to have this problem, only when my NEF has first been edited in Camera Raw, then opened in Photoshop.

Has anyone else had this problem? If anyone can advise on how to stop this from happening I'd greatly appreciate it!

I am using Photoshop CC Ver 14.2.1 x64. I am using a PC running Windows 7 Pro x64, with 8GB RAM and Intel i3 CPU 3.40GHz.

Thanks in advance for any help.