I've got a presentation that publishes just fine when there
is no audio. But when I import audio (wav or mp3) and then try to
publish, the publish process just stops after the "Parsing
Powerpoint file" process is complete. If I publish without zip
files, the result is a data folder with all sorts of goo in it and
a tagtrans.xml file which is empty. 0 bytes.
I did a little more testing and here's what I found. If your
audio files reside on a network server (regardless of where your
presentation resides), the publish process will crash when trying
to access the audio. I had to copy my audio files from the server
to my hard drive and import them to the presentation. Then it
published ok. Go figure.