4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 19, 2014 1:02 PM by galaxy2500

Creation of blue ray and avchd discs

galaxy2500

I have premiere elements 12. When creating a blue ray disc or an avchd disc, am i obliged to use one of the presets or can i use my own settings?

• 1. Re: Creation of blue ray and avchd discs
          A.T. Romano Level 7

galaxy2500

Premiere Elements (any version) does not have burn to presets that can be customized by the user. You can select from different preset choices, but you cannot customize within the preset. Where did you get the thought that you could do otherwise? More information on this if needed.

Some just in case notes....

a. What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 12 running on?

b. Have you updated 12 to the 12.1 Update using an opened project's Help Menu/Update? If not, please do so. One of the most obvious perks of doing this is fixing the Expert workspace text style issue.

Please do not hesitate to ask if you have questions or need clarification on your Premiere Elements workflows.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Creation of blue ray and avchd discs
            galaxy2500 Level 1

A T Romano

Thanks for your answer.

You ask: Where did you get the thought that you could do otherwise?  I have used 2 other programs which are for consumers, not professionals and they have presets and also custom before burning to disc. Therefore it seems natural to me that premiere elements give the possibility to customize. I think it is not good to mention the names of the programs.

I have also noticed that premiere elements do not allow to create several movies on the same disc. In the 2 other prgs it is possible to create multiple movies on one disc.

galaxy2500

• 3. Re: Creation of blue ray and avchd discs
              A.T. Romano Level 7

galaxy2500

Thanks for the follow up.

I thought that maybe you had found a Premiere Elements review which misspoke about customizing burn to presets. Now I understand that your expectations were based on comparison to other products.

The Premiere Elements 12 situation that you observed is characteristic of Premiere Elements (any version).

And, when it comes to multi movies on one disc, you are OK if your burn to product is DVD-VIDEO format on DVD disc.

With that format the Timeline stop markers are recognized at playback of the end product DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc. This is not so

for Premiere Elements AVCHD format on DVD or Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc. In the latter cases, the user can export the Timeline

content to a file whose format is compatible with a 3rd party software which can take the file to disc with menus with functioning stop markers.

We are not Adobe here. Rather user to user. This is a well known issue, but....

You can file one of the Adobe Feature Request Bug Report Forms to register your thoughts on this matter with Adobe. But, it has been "it is what it is" on this matter for a long time.

Adobe - Feature Request/Bug Report Form

ATR

• 4. Re: Creation of blue ray and avchd discs
                galaxy2500 Level 1

A T Romano

Thanks for your answer and suggestions.

I think it is useless to make a request. They, at Adobe, don't consider the request of customers/users. Last time I have requested that they provide progressive format for blue ray disc creation. They have not even updated the program to provide progressive presets. And it seems that in the new version, that is 13, it is still the same. Though progressive is very common nowadays, they don't provide progressive for blue ray disc. In other programs since about 2 years ago there was the progressive option for blue ray disc creation.

I am pessimistic. Let other users make the request.

The interlace format is inferior. When there are changes in directions, you can see horizontal lines appearing. Also if you want to take a snapshot of an image, the image is of inferior quality. I think that formerly when devices and transmission cables were less powerful they have to use the interlace format. But nowadays it's outdated. With progressive you get the best quality.

galaxy2500