Why don't you upload one of the problem pics to Dropbox (or similar) and post the link here. We can then take a look at the metadata to see what might be going on.
Well, the problem is magically fixed now. I wonder what you might have seen in the metadata?
Here's how I got it fixed:
- I thought maybe I should use Sync.
- When I sync'ed the files, I guess I had the wrong Metadata menu option checked (still learning this application) and all files in the directory now received the same star rating from the master selection. Oops.
- So I went back into ACDSee, changed rating of each file as desired, made sure that metadata was embedded in files (ACDSee terminology).
- Went back to LR5, selected all files in directory.
- Use menu Metadata Read from file. This time all files properly read the new ratings.
I wonder what you might have seen in the metadata?
A wide range of possibilities: Missing rating all together, a subtle nonconformance to standards by one or the other of the programs.
But glad it's now working for you.