5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 19, 2014 5:19 PM by A.T. Romano

HOW TO ADD MULTIPLE SONGS TO ONE SLIDE SHOW

dlnull

In PSE 9 I could have as many songs as I wanted in my slide show and control where they started and ended.   I can find no way to enter more than one song which then repeats over and over with PSE 13.   This seems like a big step backwards to me unless I am missing something, and I hope I am. 

• 1. Re: HOW TO ADD MULTIPLE SONGS TO ONE SLIDE SHOW
          A.T. Romano Level 7

dinull

What programs do you have

Photoshop Elements 13

Premiere Elements 13

Can I assume that you are not in Premiere Elements 12 Expert workspace Timeline building this slideshow?

The new Elements Organizer 13 slideshow feature is attractive in that it offers 1080p or 720p slideshow with choice of 5

different themes. But the opportunities for significant edits of this slideshow are limited.

More on this once we confirm that you are dealing with the 1080p or 720p slideshow of the new Elements Organizer 13.

To be continued

ATR

• 2. Re: HOW TO ADD MULTIPLE SONGS TO ONE SLIDE SHOW
            dlnull Level 1

I am in PSE 13.  I do not have 12 nor do I have Premeir.     I am not sure what you mean by 20180p and 720p?   I do appreciate any and all help.

• 3. Re: HOW TO ADD MULTIPLE SONGS TO ONE SLIDE SHOW
              A.T. Romano Level 7

dlnull

If all you have is Photoshop Elements 13 and its Elements Organizer 13/Create/Slideshow, I do not see any opportunity for more than 1 song per slideshow created there. Replacement of the original theme song is possible but not addition to it.

After you have created this slideshow, what then? The choices are Edit, Save, Export, and Exit.

Edit - and its Audio will allow for the audio one on one replacement.

Save - will save the slideshow (project type file) to the Elements Organizer 13 in case you want to "re-edit" it

Export - takes the slideshow to a file that you can playback with a computer player - 2 choices of format for the export

AVCHD.mp4 file 720p (1280 x 720 @ 30 progressive frames per second)

AVCHD.mp4 file 1080p (1920 x 1080 @ 30 progressive frames per second)

If you also had Premiere Elements 13....

You could take your AVCHD.mp4 file and import it into Premiere Elements 13 where you could deal with multiple songs to one slideshow.

Please let us know if you are OK with the above information.

If not, please do not hesitate to ask questions or to ask for clarification.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: HOW TO ADD MULTIPLE SONGS TO ONE SLIDE SHOW
                dlnull Level 1

I agree with your assessment.   I have purchased the latest version of PSE only to find my old version 9 has more power and options.   I should have saved my  money.   PSE 13 seems to have given way to funtionality at the cost of user friendly interface.    I think it is a shame.    Thanks for your reply.

• 5. Re: HOW TO ADD MULTIPLE SONGS TO ONE SLIDE SHOW
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

dlnull

Thanks for the reply.

If you purchased Photoshop Elements 13 from Adobe direct, you can explore the money back within 30 days of purchase.

Please let us know if you want to go that route. I will post a link to Adobe Chat Orders in that case. We are not Adobe. Rather user to user.

If you purchased from a reseller, then you will need to deal with the seller and the seller's particular return/refund policy.

Best wishes whatever your video editing software decisions.

ATR