3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2014 6:30 PM by A.T. Romano

jerky video on dvd

Safarilari

Hi there

Excuse my english, please, 'cause i'm german.

I have a problem with the DVD I created using Premiere Elements 9. After so many tries I finally finished a DVD with a menu and was really happy.

Of course I wanted to watch it on TV immediately but then that: Even the menu was jerky. That wasn't as bad, but it was more of a problem with the videos.

It is very annoying especially at times the camera isn't very stable.

The whole scene is moving, not in the video, but more like the whole screen itself. I also tried different settings on the TV, but nothing seems to help.

When I tried it on the notebook I had the same problem so it has to have to do something with the exported video itself.

And I really have no idea about technical stuff so I really would appreciate it, if you could explain everything as easy as possible.

And I really wanted to finish the movie until Christmas, so if you have any idea that could be helpfull, please don't hold back

I don't know if you need these informations, but:
      I have an acer aspire notebook

my graphic card is Intel HD Graphics

I have the processor Intel Core i3

I have 1 TB storage

the programm I use is Premiere Elements 9

I used a normal DVD-R but also tried it with a DVD+RW, but that didn't work at all, it wouldn't even export to the DVD

my project is 50 minutes long, i only used one film and one audio and when i wanted to export it to a DVD it is approximately 3,14 GB big

Thank you in advance for your help

• 1. Re: jerky video on dvd
          A.T. Romano Level 7

safarilari

Please offer information about the video and audio properties of your source file including file extension and interlaced or progressive frame rate. And, what are you setting as the project preset to match the properties of the source?

What is your computer operating system? Are you working from the 9.0.1 Update of the program?

Is the end product PAL DVD-VIDEO Widescreen on DVD disc?

More later.

ATR

• 2. Re: jerky video on dvd
            Safarilari Level 1

Hi

Thank You for your quick response.

I Have Windows 8 if that's what you mean by operating system.

I Don't think I have the latest update of Premier Elements 9 on my computer because all I did was install it and then work with it.

I don't exactly get what you mean by properties of video and audio, because all I've done is put the video in the programm, but if you tell me what you mean exactly and where I can find the information, I can tell you.

I don't know if it helps answering my question but: actually the video contents many different videos from my camera and photos. And I put some songs from iTunes as a soundtrack in it. But when I tried to export it to a DVD, it didn't work at all, I tried it 8 times or so. So I exported the whole file as an mpeg2 because I thought it would be easier for the program to export it to a DVD if I'd only use one file. I put the exported file in a new project in the program and created the menu.

And I also tried creating a menu with the same file in another program I downloaded in the Internet. And there, I didn't have that jerky video. But the program I used there was a freeware so the quality of my videos wasn't really good.

And yes, the end product is PAL WIDESCREEN DVD or at least that's what I exported it as.

• 3. Re: jerky video on dvd
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Safarilari

Sorry for the delayed reply. First my computer's Internet connection went bad and then the Adobe Forums Email Notifications got disrupted. So, I am still doing catch trying to figure out what is answered and which is not.

Lots to explore to get you an improved PAL DVD-VIDEO Widescreen on DVD disc.

1. Premiere Elements 9 on Windows 8 64 bit.

With that combination, you are dealing with a 32 bit application running in the 32 bit compatibility mode of the 64 bit system. All that has resource significance when you try to get a larger project with higher resource demanding formats taken to completion. But, lots you can still get done, keeping that in mind.

You should be working from the 9.0.1 Update of version 9. Best do that update from the Adobe link rather than an opened project's Help Menu/Update.

Adobe - Premiere Elements : For Windows : Premiere Elements 9.0.1 update

2. When all is said and done, project settings play a key role in the outcome and probably are very relevant to the issue that you preset.

a. If you imported your video source into Premiere Elements 9 with Get Media/Files and Folders and before that did nothing but OK the New Project dialog that you set at the beginning of a new project, that spells trouble since the default of PAL DV Standard (4:3) would have been used in your case.

b. Before OK'ing your way beyond the New Project dialog, you need to set the project preset to match the properties of your source media.

These properties would include consideration for

video compression

audio compression

Frame Size

Frame Rate

Interlace or Progressive

File Extension

Pixel Aspect Ratio

A quick way of getting at that type of information is by knowing the brand/model/settings of the camera that recorded the video. From that

we can figure out what source video you are using and what Premiere Elements project settings to establish.

c. When it comes to iTunes music, this is a classic story where that music needs to be converted to the wav version (using iTunes)

before import into Premiere Elements.

iTunes: How to convert a song to a different file format - Apple Support

Please review and consider.

May seem like a lot. But, the answers are in the details. And, I think that we can get you an improved Premiere Elements end product with those answers.

ATR