3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 24, 2007 8:13 PM by Newsgroup_User

Fonts don't look like preview

Andy -- Chicago Level 1
      Fireworks 8 -- PC

My text looks very unclear after export. However, they look great in the 4-up preview windows in any of the export formats.

This is with a wide variety of fonts (including basics like Ariel, Verdana, etc.) and with or without bold, italics, etc. My font sizes are in the 16 to 30 size range. It also doesn't seem to matter which anti-alias setting I use.

If I go all the way to 96 font size with anti-alias, then I can get clear fonts.

This has happened with every graphic I have created since buying this application about 1 month ago. For most of that time, I thought it was either just part of the deal or I didn't know how to tweak the settings. Then I realized that they looked great in the preview window with various export formats, so it must be something else.

• 1. Re: Fonts don't look like preview
          Level 7
          Could you post a link to any of these images?

alex

Andy -- Chicago wrote:
          > Fireworks 8 -- PC
          >
          > My text looks very unclear after export. However, they look great in the 4-up
          > preview windows in any of the export formats.
          >
          > This is with a wide variety of fonts (including basics like Ariel, Verdana,
          > etc.) and with or without bold, italics, etc. My font sizes are in the 16 to
          > 30 size range. It also doesn't seem to matter which anti-alias setting I use.
          >
          > If I go all the way to 96 font size with anti-alias, then I can get clear
          > fonts.
          >
          > This has happened with every graphic I have created since buying this
          > application about 1 month ago. For most of that time, I thought it was either
          > just part of the deal or I didn't know how to tweak the settings. Then I
          > realized that they looked great in the preview window with various export
          > formats, so it must be something else.
          >
          >
          >
          • 2. Re: Fonts don't look like preview
            Level 7
            Andy,
            One more thing to check:
            If you are exporting as jpg, there is a Selective quality section of the
            Optimize panel that allows you to preserve text quality.
            Click the edit button to the right of the Selective quality field and
            make sure Enable selective quality and Preserve text quality are checked.

alex

Andy -- Chicago wrote:
            > Fireworks 8 -- PC
            >
            >
            >
            > fonts.
            >
            >
            >
            >
            • 3. Re: Fonts don't look like preview
              Level 7
              Are you viewing the previews at 100%? As Alex said you can also set
              Selective Quality for jpegs, which can help preserve text quality.

--
              Jim Babbage - .:Community MX:. & .:Adobe Community Expert:.
              Extending Knowledge, Daily
              http://www.communityMX.com/
              CommunityMX - Free Resources:
              http://www.communitymx.com/free.cfm
              ---
              .:Adobe Community Expert for Fireworks:.
              news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.fireworks
              news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver

Andy -- Chicago wrote:
              > Fireworks 8 -- PC
              >
              >
              >
              > fonts.
              >
              >
              >
              >