• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Invalid media. Cannot create file" popup when generating

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2014 Nov 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, the background. I'm currently using RoboHelp HTML 11.0.3.268, with the latest updates as I write this, having updated from RoboHelp HTML 9. (I know that people will ask, and I understand, so I'm stating as much information up front to ensure that nobody has any questions of their own.) My main RoboHelp project is broken down into eight separate subprojects, with an output of CHM and WebHelp HTML files. In addition, my supervisor had an issue with viewing the new RoboHelp 11-generated HTML files in Google Chrome, so I found and added the RH11 files recommended by RoboHelp Help (WebHelp issues in RoboHelp versions 10 and 11). Immediately after doing this, though, I cannot generate WebHelp files.As soon as I select between any of the WebHelp Settings menu, a popup appears that reads "Invalid media. Cannot create file", followed with the directory path of the project's main .htm page.  Short of reinstalling RoboHelp HTML, what options do I have to be able to generate a valid set of WebHelp files?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 20, 2014 Nov 20, 2014

The fix you point to is older than patch 1 for RoboHelp. It basically invalidated later fixes in patches. If you have backed up the original files, you can restore your backup. If you don't have a backup, let me know and I'll post a link for the correct version of those files.

What are the Chrome issues you were seeing?

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 20, 2014 Nov 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fix you point to is older than patch 1 for RoboHelp. It basically invalidated later fixes in patches. If you have backed up the original files, you can restore your backup. If you don't have a backup, let me know and I'll post a link for the correct version of those files.

What are the Chrome issues you were seeing?

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A link would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

As for the Chrome issues, these involved the inability for Chrome to finish loading a page. Instead, the browser flickers and eventually seizes up. That's why I went to that original fix, because that was the most pertinent match in a search of the Adobe archives. If there's something more recent, I'll be glad to pass that on, because apparently that issue with Chrome had been vexing friends who are otherwise very RoboHelp-savvy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the RH 11.0.3 files: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B97LY22mEkjqemJobkRmRmg2RFU/view?usp=sharing Add the files to the template_stock folder.

The Chrome freezing up should be solved in RoboHelp 10/11. On RoboHelp 9, no amount of fixes will make Chrome work locally. If your manager tries the 11 WebHelp it should work fine.

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed the new ones after shutting down RoboHelp, but I'm getting the same issue after starting it again. Do I need a full reboot of my system for RoboHelp to recognize the changes, or do I need to do something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2014 Nov 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And things just got stranger. After installing the new files,I still get the same error message for all but one of my subprojects. Worse, this is happening even after a full reinstallation of RoboHelp 11. I might be able to understand if all of the subprojects were receiving this error, but I can generate a Webhelp layout for that single subproject without any problems. What might I be doing wrong for those other subprojects? (And thank you very much in advance for any help. I know that this is getting aggravating, and I appreciate the efforts taken to help resolve this.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m assuming your tried the sample projects & they’re ok? If so, then issue has got to be in your project itself – have you tried renaming the CPD file & letting RH rebuild it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And shortly after writing this, I took a chance and took a further look at the contents of the Output Folder and Start Page field. For some reason, because of that inadvertently bad update, all of my subprojects had the output folder path changed to that of the first subproject in the project. Once I moved everything to the correct path, my WebHelp files generated and published without an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll also note for anybody else who comes across this issue is that while many of the WebHelp settings may be returned to their defaults, not all are. Be very careful to check all of your settings: this project was first created in RoboHelp 9, and some of the settings returned to their defaults,and others returned to the settings put in place when the projects were first moved to RH9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANK YOU for this! I recently changed computers and was unable to generate JavaHelp. After reading this thread, I realized that my output folder was pointing to the old hard drive name. Yay for user forums!

>Karla<

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp