3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 21, 2014 9:24 AM by A.T. Romano

Fail to Re-install SmartSound/Sonicfire 5

Hervan

Cannot RE-install Smartsound and Sonicfire Pro 5 again after removing the Pinnacle Studio plugin.

Setup in PE 11 always ends with "Modify-Repair-Remove" and error 1605 (not installed).

Same with downloaded ZIP-file from Installing SmartSound | Windows 32 bit and 64 bit

Have removed Sonicfire 5 entirely with Uninstall but no go. Messages keeps coming back as if the program still is installed (which it is not)

Cannot reinstall it.

My movies are finished but I cannot use my smartsound libraries !

Help please.

SmartSound Welcome.JPG SmartSound error.JPG

• 1. Re: Fail to Re-install SmartSound/Sonicfire 5
          A.T. Romano Level 7

hervan

Please review and consider the recent developments at SmartSound regarding Premiere Elements 11 and SmartSound.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE 11: SmartSound Error Windows 8.1 64 bit

Please let us know the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Fail to Re-install SmartSound/Sonicfire 5
            Hervan Level 1

Many Thx for yr effort.

I have used Pinnacle Studio for a long time, with lots of Smartsound libraries. Am using Premire Elements 11 today and want to use my libraries again.

Following instructions left & right, I have removed Sonicfire Pro 5 and the (paid) Pinnacle SmartSound plugin entirely and want to use Smartsound in Premiere Elements 11 instead.

However I cannot install Sonicfire nor plugin for Prel11 at all. (see errors messages in my original mail)

Program refuses to install telling me that it is installed already, which is not the case. (Working with Win 7-64)

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Herman

• 3. Re: Fail to Re-install SmartSound/Sonicfire 5
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Hervan

If this is not a SmartSound issue related to its changed support as mentioned in the link provided, then consider...

Installed vs Uninstall

If SmartSound is not presenting in Control Panel/Installed Program but you are getting a message saying that SmartSound is installed, then do a free ccleaner run through (regular cleaner and registry cleaner parts).

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

After ccleaner run through, if still getting the installed already message when you go to install, then email SmartSound at support@smartsound.com for its input pointing out the large SmartSound library that is involved.

This is not Adobe. Rather user to user. And, I do not know how much support you might get from Adobe on a Premiere Elements 11 SmartSound issue at this time.

As an aside...when you have gotten that "installed already message", are you given the opportunity to continue so that this supposed already install is overwritten by a new install?

ATR