1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 19, 2014 4:50 PM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements 13 Installer ask to insert a Premiere Elements 13 disc, disc is already in drive

Eric Hofacket

I have purchased a Premiere Elements 13 download from Adobe and burned it to a DVD. I run the setup.exe from the DVD and the installer starts. I enter the serial number and check the user agreement and continue. The installer proceeds to start and when it gets about 2% through I get prompted to insert a Premiere Elements 13 disc. The disc is already in the DVD drive, that is what I am running. Why am I being prompted to insert a disc and how do I resolve this so the installation can continue?

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 13 Installer ask to insert a Premiere Elements 13 disc, disc is already in drive
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Eric Hofacket

This is not Adobe. Rather user to user forum.

What computer operating system is involved?

When the installation stops to ask "insert a Premiere Elements 13 disc", at what phase of the installation are you?

According to my count the choices might be....

The install starts showing 4.3 GB size and goes through

• Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable Package (x64)
          • Sonic
          • Elements 13 Organizer
          • Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)
          • Camera Raw 64 bit
          • Adobe Premiere Elements 13

Installation ends with a Sign In.

One guess might be that something did not get burned to the disc correctly.

What happens if you install Premiere Elements 13 from the installation files (setup.exe) purchased and downloaded from Adobe direct?

ATR

Add On...what exactly got burned to DVD disc....whole Adobe Premiere Elements 13 Folder/PRE13 Folder including its Set-up.exe?