2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 19, 2014 5:11 PM by Allena Hail

Transfer of License didn't work.

Allena Hail

My software license is under the wrong name, even though I bought and registered it five years ago and have been using it. A Transfer of License form was issued by the current (incorrect) license holder, but the license is still in his name. I cannot access chat, but I really need someone to help me figure out why the license is still not in my name.

Ultimately, I would like to perform a platform swap, but without access to my software I have not been able to do this. Some help would be appreciated as I have been working to resolve this for about three months now.

I have the serial, the case number where the TOL was issued, and a copy of the TOF.

Thank you

Allena Hail

• 1. Re: Transfer of License didn't work.
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you purchased the software 5 years ago it will probably not qualify for a platform swap.  CS6 software is currently the only version that is eligibile for a platform swap and as far as I can tell it was released less than 3 years ago.

Your only support option is involving Adobe staff that might be able to work with you is likely to be thru chat.  IF you are unable to get a chat link thru the following then you should try using a different browser.

For the link below click the Still Need Help? option in the blue area at the bottom and choose the chat option...
          http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service-b.html ( http://adobe.ly/1d3k3a5 )

• 2. Re: Transfer of License didn't work.
            Allena Hail Level 1

Thanks, yeah, I know I should use chat but I'm just having so much trouble with it. I'll try another computer later, since I've attempted two browsers and a whole computer reboot today on this one, and I just used chat yesterday on this same computer. Was just hoping I might get an employee's attention or something here.

And that's interesting what you said about the platform swap. Initially when I opened a service case to perform a swap, they said it was fine and I could do it through the Licensing Web Site. But of course without my name on the license I can't actually access the LWS. So I hope what they told me initially was correct and I can switch...

Thanks for the thoughts!