2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2014 9:59 PM by Underbelly101

Installation

Underbelly101

I am running Lightroom 5.3 on Windows 8.1 64 bit operating system.  I am on a home network with Lightroom on one Laptop only connected to a wireless modem.  Prior to installing Lightroom 5.3 I had no problems doing updates.

I have downloaded updates 5.4, 5.5, 5.6 and 5.7 and with each update I have been unable to complete the update with the following error messages in each attempted update install:

MESSAGE #1

The path C:\Users\DAVIDB~1\AppData\Local\Temp\{46662533-8A94-494B-A3DB-7FAA2F41F90C}\Adobe_Lightro om_x64.msi cannot be found. Verify that you have acces to this location and try again, or try to find the installation package 'Adobe_Lightroom_x64.msi' in a folder from which you can install the product Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.3 64-bit.

MESSAGE #2

The feature that you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click OK to try again, or enter an alternative path to a folder containing 'Adobe_Lightroom_x64.msi' in the box below.

C:\Users\XXXXXXXXXX\AppData\Local\Temp\{

MESSAGE #3

Error 1714. The older version of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.x 64-bit cannot be removed. Contact your technical support group.

I cannot find the file or directory that Lightroom Installer is trying to access anywhere on my laptop.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this problem?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Installation
          BKKDon Level 4

Hi,

Have a look at the solution presented in the last post in this thread: Lightroom 5.3 will not install, error message saying it cannot find x64.msi

The issue you are facing here is that the msi file which contains the uninstall information is not present on your PC ... probably deleted.

If you cannot delete the 5.3 using the control panel you can download and reinstall the version on your PC (5.3) from here Adobe - Lightroom : For Windows and when you run the install and the subsequent uninstall the MSI file will be on your hard disk. Copy it to the desktop and point the installer to that.

The clue is in the first message ... Verify that you have access to this location and try again, or try to find the installation package 'Adobe_Lightroom_x64.msi' in a folder from which you can install the product Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.3 64-bit.

• 2. Re: Installation
            Underbelly101 Level 1

Hi, thanks for your help. 

Initially the same problem continued until I removed all traces of version 5.4 to 5.7 installs that had failed and left files behind.  However, once this was done the install of Lightroom 5.7 was easy.

Regards

David Banks