5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 20, 2014 3:28 AM by BKKDon

windows 8 lightroom installation failed

Tjaard Level 1

Hello,

The installation of the latest version of Lightroom 5.7 failed. The reason see below.

I tried to delete the folder in windows but I cannot delete them because I do not have enough rights. I tried to take over the ownership of the folder but that also doesnot work because the owner is not changeble.

Has someone an idea what to do?

Tjaard

Exit Code: 7

Please see specific errors below for troubleshooting. For example, ERROR:

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 3 error(s)

----------- Payload: Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 5.7.0.0 Adobe_Lightroom_x64.msi_5.7 -----------

ERROR: Error 1303.The installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.7\Resources\CameraProfiles\Camera\Sony ILCE-5100. The installation cannot continue. Log on as an administrator or contact your system administrator.

ERROR: Install MSI payload failed with error: 1603 - Fatal error during installation.

MSI Error message: Error 1303.The installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.7\Resources\CameraProfiles\Camera\Sony ILCE-5100. The installation cannot continue. Log on as an administrator or contact your system administrator.

ERROR: Third party payload installer Adobe_Lightroom_x64.msi failed with exit code: 1603

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------