5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 20, 2014 9:53 AM by Iggorr25

why can't the 3D tracker complete an analysis for my video

Iggorr25 Level 1

WHY.png

• 1. Re: why can't the 3D tracker complete an analysis for my video
          Dave LaRonde Level 6

No clue: we can't see the video to tell you what's happening. 

Nor do we know how you're using that particular tracker -- by the book, or just farting around with it.  Big difference.

• 2. Re: why can't the 3D tracker complete an analysis for my video
            Iggorr25 Level 1

should I upload the entire video? Well here is what the pre-comp looks like. i added the 3D camera tracker to the pre-comp. and I used the same settings as you can see here Now I will try to do the same thing without pre-comping. This video is a series of sequences imported from adobe premiere.........any suggestions?vids.png

• 3. Re: why can't the 3D tracker complete an analysis for my video
              Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

To successfully use the Camera Tracker you must have a significant percentage of your shot that contains fixed geometry that does not move. Things like open water, huge crowds of people or wind blown fields of wheat DO NOT meet this requirement and CANNOT be camera tracked. Things like buildings, sidewalks, parked cars, and other fixed geometry do meet this requirement. What that means is that some shots cannot be camera tracked with AE or any other tracking software.

If your shot has fixed geometry but a lot of other moving things, like people walking through the shot then it cannot be tracked either. A primary element in your shot is the waterfall. This is going to cause a bunch of problems and kill the solve. The solution is to mask out the waterfall. If the camera is moving then you need to animate the mask (roto). Then Pre-compose and camera track the pre-comp. If there is enough fixed geometry you'll get a solution. Then just delete the pre-comp and replace it with the footage.

The other thing that can be going on is too little camera movement, extreme lens distortion (like the barrel distortion from a GoPro) or compression artifacts and motion artifacts caused by MPEG (MP4) or AVCHD compression.

ALSO - You cannot have any cuts in your camera track. You can only camera track one shot at a time. Trim the shot to just the part you are going to use leaving just enough handles (extra frames) on either end to allow a little trimming in the final edit.

• 4. Re: why can't the 3D tracker complete an analysis for my video
                Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I would suggest masking out that rushing water in a precomp before you try tracking it. It's going to throw the tracker way off.

Edit: and everything else Rick says.

Notice how everything he mentioned that can throw a camera tracker off is present in your footage?

Now, you can use a point track, corner pin track, or a planar tracker to make something fit in your scene, but a camera track is unlikely.

• 5. Re: why can't the 3D tracker complete an analysis for my video
                  Iggorr25 Level 1

WOW Thank you for the detailed answer I appreciate it   I will make great use of it