5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 20, 2014 2:59 PM by Caroline Schibel

Problem with Exported Interactive PDF

Caroline Schibel Level 1

I have been building interactive PDF forms for months now and this is the first time I've run across this problem.

I built a form in the same format that I've built all of my other forms, but after exporting it and opening it in Adobe (mind you, I have Cloud so I have all of the newest versions of software) I can fill it out and edit it, but it seems to be crashing Adobe at unexpected times, and it won't let me "clear form". Instead an error code pops up that says

"There was a problem reading this document (14)."

I have tried to search that error code and am not finding anything useful. I'm assuming there is something in my actual InDesign document that is not exporting properly, but I have no idea how to find out. It is a 12 page document with a lot of information, so part of me is wondering if InDesign and Adobe can't handle a form that large? The largest form I had built previously was 5 pages long. Again, over 30 forms that I have already built work seamlessly and our construction crew uses them daily without problems.

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Caroline