15 Replies Latest reply on May 30, 2015 8:31 AM by lardi2010

Edge Animate CC Crashing

kiter88

Hey, hoping to get some help here. in the video below you can see how my rulers and and selection tools disappear. if i continue to work like this it will either crash or give me different errors. I've reinstalled several times and even wiped my computer and did a fresh install of mac OS X 10.10.1 kinda getting a little desperate lol. help me obi-wan adobe your my only help....

• 1. Re: Edge Animate CC Crashing
          heathrowe Most Valuable Participant

I am not seeing this symptom on Windows.

Did you update to the latest that was released today?

Darrell

• 2. Re: Edge Animate CC Crashing
            Sastrugi

I'm getting the same crash. It seems to be happening with more frequency and especially while I'm manipulating shapes or closing/switching between work files. I have the latest update. I had a similar issue with Illustrator on my PC a couple of years ago that turned out to be a lack of RAM but that doesn't seem to be the issue here.

These are my specs:

Operating System: 10.10.1

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro11,2

Processor Name: Intel Core i7

Processor Speed: 2.2 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 6 MB

Memory: 16 GB

• 3. Re: Edge Animate CC Crashing
              Bharadwaj Level 2

Can you share the composition so that we can test it on our side.

Thanks

Bharadwaj

Edge Animate Team

• 4. Re: Edge Animate CC Crashing
                Sastrugi Level 1

Sure thing, here is the project:

Dropbox - flyout

Thanks for your help Bharadwaj. I should also mention that the program crashes when closing and opening files. This was happening the whole time that I was going through the tutorials.

• 5. Re: Edge Animate CC Crashing
                  Sastrugi Level 1

Could I get some help on this issue? The crashing is persistent even though I'm totally updated.

• 6. Re: Edge Animate CC Crashing
                    Sastrugi Level 1

Here is the crash report. Basically I'll see outlines or selection boxes hang behind when I've moved the object or just disappear altogether, then the program starts lagging very badly to the point where I have to force quit.

Dropbox - adobe-edge-crash-report.docx

• 7. Re: Edge Animate CC Crashing
                      Sastrugi Level 1

It would be great if I could get some help on this issue, I'm on a deadline and I'll have to find another software solution if I can't get this fixed.

• 8. Re: Edge Animate CC Crashing
                        Bharadwaj Level 2

I tried to reproduce it on mac 10.10 and windows 7.

But it is working fine.

Thanks

Bharadwaj

• 9. Re: Edge Animate CC Crashing

I toyed with your file, as well, Win 8.1/64 bit and is functional; no disappearance of the rulers. Noticed your video has the doc at %250 view, so I tried that as well - but is still functional.

Darrell

1 person found this helpful
                          • 10. Re: Edge Animate CC Crashing
                            Sastrugi Level 1

Shoot, I wonder what could be the problem. Program does the same thing every time on a brand new laptop with fresh OS and Edge installs. I'll try it again next time there's a big update and hopefully it will work. Thanks guys.

• 11. Re: Edge Animate CC Crashing

Are your graphics drivers up to date? Double check.

You are not hitting the shortcut to hide rulers, by chance? I doubt it - but thought to throw it out there.

Do you have a secondary machine to test against? Often a good way to troubleshoot if it is system specific related.

Darrell

• 12. Re: Edge Animate CC Crashing
                                asd098uafsdege

My co-worker and I are both experiencing this exact issue. We just started using Edge Animate on our brand new macbook pros. Both machines are top of the line and have plenty of processor and CPU, and have the correct and up-to-date display drivers. Can we have someone look into this for us? We can't even use the product currently. My logs are pasted below. Thanks!

------ CEF_debug.log ------

0120/120246:ERROR:compositing_iosurface_mac.mm(476)] GL error in DrawIOSurface: 1286

[0120/120246:INFO:CONSOLE(0)] "event.returnValue is deprecated. Please use the standard event.preventDefault() instead.", source:  (0)

[0120/120246:INFO:CONSOLE(0)] "event.returnValue is deprecated. Please use the standard event.preventDefault() instead.", source:  (0)

[0120/120335:INFO:CONSOLE(0)] "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'nodeType' of undefined,4", source: about:docKey-2 (0)

[0120/120335:INFO:CONSOLE(4)] "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'nodeType' of undefined", source: http://127.0.0.1:54321/Users/Garrett/Desktop/temp%20animation%20files/GrowFromMulti/edge_i ncludes/jquery-2.0.3.min.js (4)

[0120/120340:INFO:CONSOLE(0)] "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'nodeType' of undefined,4", source: about:docKey-2 (0)

[0120/120340:INFO:CONSOLE(4)] "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'nodeType' of undefined", source: http://127.0.0.1:54321/Users/Garrett/Desktop/temp%20animation%20files/GrowFromMulti/edge_i ncludes/jquery-2.0.3.min.js (4)

[0120/120346:INFO:CONSOLE(0)] "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'nodeType' of undefined,4", source: about:docKey-2 (0)

[0120/120346:INFO:CONSOLE(4)] "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'nodeType' of undefined", source: http://127.0.0.1:54321/Users/Garrett/Desktop/temp%20animation%20files/GrowFromMulti/edge_i ncludes/jquery-2.0.3.min.js (4)

[0120/120410:ERROR:gles2_cmd_decoder.cc(2990)] [.Offscreen-MainThread-0x7a583470.SharedGraphicsContext]GL ERROR :GL_INVALID_FRAMEBUFFER_OPERATION : glClear: framebuffer incomplete (clear)

[0120/120410:ERROR:gles2_cmd_decoder.cc(2990)] [.Offscreen-MainThread-0x7a583470.SharedGraphicsContext]GL ERROR :GL_INVALID_FRAMEBUFFER_OPERATION : glDrawArrays: framebuffer incomplete (clear)

[0120/120410:ERROR:gles2_cmd_decoder.cc(2990)] [.Offscreen-MainThread-0x7a583470.SharedGraphicsContext]GL ERROR :GL_INVALID_FRAMEBUFFER_OPERATION : glReadPixels: framebuffer incomplete (clear)

[0120/120410:ERROR:gles2_cmd_decoder.cc(2990)] [.Offscreen-MainThread-0x7a583470.SharedGraphicsContext]GL ERROR :GL_INVALID_FRAMEBUFFER_OPERATION : glClear: framebuffer incomplete (clear)

[0120/120410:ERROR:gles2_cmd_decoder.cc(2990)] [.Offscreen-MainThread-0x7a583470.SharedGraphicsContext]GL ERROR :GL_INVALID_FRAMEBUFFER_OPERATION : glDrawArrays: framebuffer incomplete (clear)

[0120/120410:ERROR:gles2_cmd_decoder.cc(2990)] [.Offscreen-MainThread-0x7a583470.SharedGraphicsContext]GL ERROR :GL_INVALID_FRAMEBUFFER_OPERATION : glReadPixels: framebuffer incomplete (clear)

[0120/120410:ERROR:gles2_cmd_decoder.cc(2990)] [.Offscreen-MainThread-0x7a583470.SharedGraphicsContext]GL ERROR :GL_INVALID_FRAMEBUFFER_OPERATION : glDrawElements: framebuffer incomplete (clear)

------ Edge Animate Log.txt ------

Log file created: Tue Jan 20 12:02:45 2015

-------------------------------------------

Ticks = 6607      <2695139796> <heliumApp> <1> ?:0: attempt to index a nil value

Ticks = 6607      <2695139796> <LuaPCall stackdump Type: > <1> nil

Ticks = 6607      <2695139796> <LuaPCall stackdump Type: > <1> function

Ticks = 6607      <2695139796> <LuaPCall stackdump Type: > <1> nil

Ticks = 6607      <2695139796> <LuaPCall stackdump String: > <1>

Ticks = 6607      <2695139796> <LuaPCall stackdump String: > <1>

Ticks = 6607      <2695139796> <heliumApp> <1>

0: field    ?                              - Lua

1: field    expandTransformFromValue       - Lua

2: method   getProperty                    - Lua

3: field    getEffectiveWidth              - Lua

4:          [unnamed]                      - Lua

5: upvalue  ?                              - Lua

6: upvalue  ?                              - Lua

7:          [unnamed]                      - Lua

8: global   pcall                          - C

9: method   send                           - Lua

10: field    seek                           - Lua

11: field    seek                           - Lua

12:          [unnamed]                      - Lua

13: global   pcall                          - C

14: field    step                           - Lua

15: field    commitElementProperties        - Lua

16: field    commitElementProperties        - Lua

17: method   stageEndTracking               - Lua

18:          [unnamed]                      - Lua

---------------------------------

Ticks = 8145      <2695139796> <heliumApp> <1> ?:0: attempt to index a nil value

Ticks = 8145      <2695139796> <LuaPCall stackdump Type: > <1> nil

Ticks = 8145      <2695139796> <LuaPCall stackdump Type: > <1> function

Ticks = 8145      <2695139796> <LuaPCall stackdump Type: > <1> nil

Ticks = 8145      <2695139796> <LuaPCall stackdump String: > <1>

Ticks = 8145      <2695139796> <LuaPCall stackdump String: > <1>

Ticks = 8145      <2695139796> <heliumApp> <1>

0: field    ?                              - Lua

1: field    expandTransformFromValue       - Lua

2: method   getProperty                    - Lua

3: upvalue  ?                              - Lua

4: field    updateInlineElements           - Lua

5:          [unnamed]                      - Lua

6: global   pcall                          - C

7: method   send                           - Lua

8: field    seek                           - Lua

9: field    seek                           - Lua

10:          [unnamed]                      - Lua

11: global   pcall                          - C

12: field    step                           - Lua

13: field    commitElementProperties        - Lua

14: field    commitElementProperties        - Lua

15: method   stageEndTracking               - Lua

16:          [unnamed]                      - Lua

---------------------------------

• 13. Re: Edge Animate CC Crashing
                                  lindenshade

I'm experiencing the same on my brand new macbook pro, and fresh clean copies of all related applications and drivers.

Scrubbing the timeline or selecting for motion tweens seems to trigger it for me... although, that's all I've been able to do as it happen every couple of clicks!!

The anchors, line and box/containers fail to refresh or move.

The program then lags intensely, fails to respond.

Then it fires a dialogue box that multiplies upon itself, saying that there was an error and the program needs to close, exception etc. Indicates you should save and close, which you can't, of course.

Rinse and repeat.

• 14. Re: Edge Animate CC Crashing
                                    RyanWing

I'm experiencing the exact same issue. Using a new Mac desktop computer, running version 10.10.3 and have the latest Adobe Edge for the Creative Cloud. I open a new project, add a rectangle, try to make an animation then the program freezes, tells me to save, then crashes before I do. I uninstalled Chrome because I heard that could cause the problem, and I thought it was working for a little bit but its consistently crashing again.

Pretty aggravating since this has been a problem for over a month. Help us please!

• 15. Re: Edge Animate CC Crashing
                                      lardi2010

I have same problem on my macbook pro,