2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 20, 2014 3:03 PM by dissidently

Duplicate a Comp's Timeline in the UI?

dissidently Level 1

I want to have a second copy of a Comp's timeline open in another panel, so that I can focus on two different parts of it at the same time.

Is this possible?

How?

• 1. Re: Duplicate a Comp's Timeline in the UI?
          Dave LaRonde Level 6

You can set timeline markers (Shift-0 through 9 on thre main keyboard), then hit 0-9 on the main keyboard to jump to the corresponding marker.  It works pretty well for me.

• 2. Re: Duplicate a Comp's Timeline in the UI?
            dissidently Level 1

I'm not trying to look at different parts of the timeline of the timeline. I'm trying to look at different parts of the Layer structure in different Panels.

There's only a few layers, but a lot of effects. I'd like to look at and edit layer properties in one panel, and the effects in another.

Unfortunately the logical solution of placing the effects in another comp and then linking them to the target comp means they're no longer "live" for editing.

So... next best guess, two instances of the one Comp's timeline open at the same time solves this usability problem in the UI.

Sooooooo.... any ideas, Dave, as to whether or not this is possible?

This was very deliberately a YES/NO question to avoid someone like you thinking for me.

EDIT!!!!

YES! Before anyone else "thinks for me"...  I'm aware I can see Effects' controls in another panel, but I still want YET ANOTHER PANEL of the same Comp. A duplicate instance of the same comp open at different points in its layer structure.