2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 21, 2014 7:33 AM by John T Smith

why is my dvd grainy

coco the clown

I burned my video from premiere elements onto a dvd so that i can show it at a banquet this weekend.  when i played it back, it was grainy but on my computer, the original is great & sharp.  I think it is the way it is saved but i put the resolution level up as high as it goes.  i am a novice at computer stuff.  help!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 1. Re: why is my dvd grainy
          A.T. Romano Level 7

coco

Let us start with

What version of Premiere Elements?

On what computer operating system is it running?

What are your source files for the project....video (format, properties, duration), photos (how many and pixel dimensions)...etc.?

Some times we can get the information that we need from knowing the brand/model/settings of the camera that recorded the video.

What is being set as the project preset to match the properties of the source media? They should match.

What is your burn to....

DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc

AVCHD format on DVD disc

Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc

You wrote

I think it is the way it is saved but i put the resolution level up as high as it goes.

This definitely needs explaining.

Please review and consider and supply as much information as possible for us to be able to help you.

Looking forward to your follow up.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: why is my dvd grainy
            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The Elements Tutorial Links Page http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1275830 may also help