9 Replies Latest reply on Nov 22, 2014 1:38 PM by A.T. Romano

Organizer slide show stored files location in PRE 13.

prman13 Level 1

(This will be the third time I have posted this question. It is not clear to me that the question has been, in fact, posted to the forum.):

Following the procedures given by Grisetti in his new book on PRE 13, I created a slide show in PRE 13's Organizer section, edited it in the Slideshow Builder, and saved it with a name several times during the editing/organizing process. The next day I went back to continue editing and the program could not find it. I do not know where PRE 13 saves (or names) project files (an Organizer slide show, in this case), so I could not browse to find it.  Instead, only the media browser opened, which included all the slides in a random order, plus others that were not in the slide show, and all the titles were missing.

I presume that the slide show as I created it is somewhere on the computer, but I have no idea where the program decided to store it. Using the Organizer to create slide shows, seems to rely on canned presentations and default settings on things like the speed of slide transitions, which strikes me as too fast. The finished presentation looks like the creator had a plane to catch. There doesn't seem to be a utility in the Slideshow Builder to adjust the speed of slide transitions, unless the show must be ported over to PRE 13's video editor. Grisetti's book does not go into much detail with regard to slide show editing. The question remains, "What happened to, where is my slide show?"

• 1. Re: Organizer slide show stored files location in PRE 13.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

prman13

Let us target your major concern "Where is your slideshow?"

Save - this saves the slideshow as a " Slide Show Project" which you should have been able to recognize in the Elements Organizer 13 by its "Slide Show Project" icon in the upper right corner of its thumbnail there. So, please look again there. The slideshow is a creature of the Elements Organizer 13 catalog and can be found

Local Disk C\Program Data\Adobe\Elements Organizer\Catalogs\name of your particular catalog\projects\ and in the projects folder is the named slideshow file with a psessc file extension.

If you "saved" then that is where your slideshow should be.

Just in case notes

In Elements Organizer 13, under View Menu, check marks for

Details

Files Names

Media Types - especially "Projects"

I am guessing you will find your slideshow among the Elements Organizer thumbnails.

ATR

• 2. Re: Organizer slide show stored files location in PRE 13.
            prman13 Level 1

Dear Mr. Romano—

This is still utterly confusing to me. I didn't find any indication of the previously saved slideshow program, so I redid the thing, and exported it to a different drive where it now exists. However, I still have these remaining questions:

1. I do not understand your locution, to wit: "should be able to recognize. . .by its "Slide Show Project" icon in the upper right corner of its thumbnail there."  When I boot up PRE 13 Organizer from the first splash screen, I am next in the media organizer section, which contains all the slides in the designated folder. This contains the slides in random order, with none of the added slide titles.   I cannot find any "icon" or any "thumbnail there." All I see are the unordered slides. Where are you finding this icon? How do I load the saved slideshow? From what menu? The only thing I see is to load  "Open Recently Edited File in Editor," which opens up the PRE 13 Editing program, which wants to open the saved show in the video editor. Unless I am missing something, I don't know how to open the saved slideshow in the Slideshow Builder utility, which is where I saved it from.
            2. I can find no "View Menu" option in the top menu bar to search for the marks that you indicate.
            3. The Slideshow Builder bottom menu does not offer the option to extend the time that the individual slides remain on the screen before going on to the next. Does this mean that I must go into the PRE 13 video editor to change the timing pace?
            4. Final question: I want to combine multiple different slideshows on a single Blu-ray disk, with a master menu at the beginning for choosing an individual show. Is this strictly accomplished by "building" the shows to fill the disk within the video editor?

Thanks in advance for clarifying these issues for me.

prman

• 3. Re: Organizer slide show stored files location in PRE 13.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

prman13

This should cover 1 and 2 of your questions in post numbered 2

If you have not found your slideshow saved as a Slide Show Project in the Elements Organizer 13 Media section, then please consider again...

Elements Organizer 13 its Media selected in the headers at the top of the workspace.

For-Desktop-Slideshow-1.jpg

I have imported 4 photos into the Elements Organizer 13 Media. I will use these 4 to build my slideshow which is accessed

Elements Organizer 13/Create/Slideshow.

Note: the opened View Menu with the various viewing options available to you in Elements Organizer 13 Media section.

After I click on Create/Slideshow, the "Choose Theme" area appears. After I select the theme and click on next, a preparing

Slideshow progress bar appears, after which a Preview of the slideshow in the theme displays. At the bottom of that

Preview, there are four choices Edit, Save, Export, and Exit.

1. I selected Save and named the slideshow. That saves my slideshow as a Slideshow Project.  I end up in the Slideshow Builder. I did not want to do anything there so I hit the close button of the Slideshow Builder. After I did that, I found myself back in Elements Organizer 13 Media area which displayed as follows

For Desktop Slideshow 2.JPG

The first thumbnail in the first row (top left) is the slideshow that I built in Create/Slideshow and which is saved in the Elements Organizer 13 Media

as "Slide Show Project". Please take a close look at that thumbnail and the icon in the upper right corner of the thumbnail. If you place your

mouse cursor over it, "Slide Show Project" text should be displayed. You double click that thumbnail if you want to open the "Slide Show Project" for

additional edits in the Slideshow Builder of Elements Organizer 13.

Note: For this example I cleared the Elements Organizer 13 Media of all else. So what is shown here is an example for one Slide Show Project.

Using the following path , did you find confirmation on the existence of the slideshow the you created?

Local Disk C\Program Data\Adobe\Elements Organizer\Catalogs\name of your particular catalog\projects\ and in the projects folder is the named slideshow file with a psessc file extension. If you did not find that path in Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit, then make sure that Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives is active so that you can see the complete path cited.

Your Question 3

The only thing that you are going to get into Premiere Elements is the AVCHD.mp4 "Export" from the Slideshow Builder (720p30 or 1080p30 format). Those are "whole" videos that will need to be cut in order to make significant supplemental edits in Premiere Elements. I see no opportunities to customize transitions in the Elements Organizer 13 Slideshow Builder.

Your Question 4

You can take your AVCHD.mp4 (720p30 or 1080p30) files into Premiere Elements 13 Editor. For what you describe, you need stop markers in the Timeline content. With or without Elements Organizer 13 Slideshow in the equation, the stop markers in the Timeline will not be recognized in the playback of the Premiere Elements (any version) Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc or AVCHD format on DVD disc. This is a known situation which has not changed as the versions have evolved.

Miscellaneous

Just to make sure we are in sync...The Save puts the Slide Show Project (re-editable) in the Elements Organizer Slideshow Builder into the Elements Organizer 13 catalog with displays in Elements Organizer 13 Media area. You have no choice. Its file goes into the Elements Organizer 13 catalog wherever it is saved. It never gets out of the Elements Organizer as the Slideshow Project (psessc). The Export puts the slideshow in an AVCHD.mp4 (720p30 or 1080p30) video file any place you opt to save it.

Please review and consider and then let me know if we are targeting what you seek.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Organizer slide show stored files location in PRE 13.
                prman13 Level 1

Dear Mr. Romano,

Thank you very much for answering my questions 1 & 2, and for taking the time to include the graphic examples. I finally found the icon in the Albums menu—but it does not appear in the individual folder menus, which was where I was lurking. The psessc files are in the locations you indicated. You must admit that the welter of terms for these aggregate collections are rather confusing—albums, folders, shows, with different properties for each—without the practiced understanding that comes from long experience.

I am struck by your remarks about the impossibility of burning collections of slideshows onto Blu-ray disks. Having created some assorted video clips in a thematic fashion with PRE 10 onto DVDs, I was able to put a Main Menu at the beginning, wherein one could select different video clips, which were numbered on the menu. However, if I selected a video track and jumped to it, it would not stop once played, but would immediately go on to the next track that was not selected.

Is this what you are trying to say about combining multiple slideshows with PRE 13, that once a slideshow was created using a menu format, that it would not stop at the end, but go on to the next show, unless stopped manually? Or are you saying something else—that there is something peculiar about the Blu-ray/AVCHD format that will not allow a main menu, such that I can burn two or three shows on a single disk and access them individually from a main title menu, regardless if they might "run on" after they have been viewed unless stopped manually? I don't think you are saying this.

Am I understanding you correctly or no?  The rationale for putting multiple shows on a single Blu-ray is to save the costs of burning shorter shows on to several disks, since they are still rather expensive. Plus, the slideshows are somewhat thematic and chronological, and should be organized along these lines.

Thanks again for your response . . . I think we are reaching the end of these conundrums.

Prman

• 5. Re: Organizer slide show stored files location in PRE 13.
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Prman

Thanks for the follow ups.

Although you can put scene markers in the Timeline content at the beginning of each movie so that the viewer can select which movie to view, there is no end of playback and return to menu after the playback of that movie (except for the last movie on the Timeline). Example...if you had 5 movies and the viewer selected movie 3 in the scene selection page, the playback would be movie 3, 4, and 5 before return to the main menu. For DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc, you can use a stop marker at the end of each of these movies (except movie 5 in this example) so that the viewer can select a movie, the movie plays, and, at its end, there is the return to the main menu. With AVCHD and Blu-ray burn to disc, you can place the stop markers on the Timeline content, but these stop markers will not function in the playback of the end product disc.

So, for your question

Is this what you are trying to say about combining multiple slideshows with PRE 13, that once a slideshow was created using a menu format, that it would not stop at the end, but go on to the next show, unless stopped manually?

Yes.

Please let me know if the above explanation made things clearer. But, if any uncertainty, please do not hesitate to let me know and I will present the thoughts in a different way.

A just in case note, never place a stop marker at the end of the last item on the Timeline content. It is not needed there and often causes problems in the burn to disc.

I have been exploring the tryout Premiere Elements 13 so far on an overall basis. Once I settle in with a purchased version, I will look into these special areas to see if there is more than can be done with them than can be seen on the surface. So far it looks like it is what it is with regard to this new Elements Organizer 13 Slideshow.

ATR

• 6. Re: Organizer slide show stored files location in PRE 13.
                    prman13 Level 1

Dear Mr. Romano,

Many thanks for your explanation. In the meantime, once having transferred the slideshow created in Elements Organizer to the mp4 movie, I found that I was able to successfully slow down the speed of the slide changes by using the Time Stretch command under the Tools menu. I reset the speed to 75%, and this allowed adequate viewing time without viewers saying, "Huh?"

Now I only have to find the right kind of music as a backdrop for viewing a slideshow that I photographed at Princeton University when I was a student there back in 1970. A difficult task.

• 7. Re: Organizer slide show stored files location in PRE 13.
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

prman13

Thanks for the good news. Great job.

Did you find any Music Score under the Expert workspace Audio Tab that might fit into your project?

Your slideshow sounds like special memories of a special time. Best wishes on putting the finishing touches on what

will be a cherished creation.

ATR

• 8. Re: Organizer slide show stored files location in PRE 13.
                        prman13 Level 1

ATR,

FWIW, I listened to the canned music clips in the Audio Tab. While they all might be suitable for something, they don't strike me as appropriate for underscoring slides taken on the university campus. The other issue is their length. The ones I auditioned only lasted between 20 to 40 seconds, yet I have to fill 6:30, which would mean either looping a selected track, or butting together audio clips of differing moods. I think the solution is going to be a much longer musical selection, or using two that are at least complementary. Perhaps something classical, like the music John Williams used in the 1973 film The Paper Chase.

Prman

• 9. Re: Organizer slide show stored files location in PRE 13.
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

prman13

One of the perks of the Music Score feature is the you are supposed to be able to alter the duration of the music without affecting its arrangement - that is, the SmartSound concept of Premiere Elements 11 and earlier but no longer SmartSound itself in versions 12 and 13.

ATR