7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 26, 2015 9:45 AM by megans4017068

Lightroom 5.6/5.7 Mac Won't Import From SD

heymecalvy

Hi guys,

Wondering if anyone else has experienced this same problem. For the longest time, import was working perfectly. I plug my SD card in (Sony SDHC class 10 32gb) and go to import, CAMERASD pops up in devices, and my files are all there, and I check the ones I want to import, and they import. Easy as that.

However, as of the past couple of months, importing from SD simply doesn't work. It hangs on import and never gets past "Importing files...". The top left is stuck in "Copy and import photos" with the progress bar at zero. Clicking the x on the progress bar doesn't fix the "Importing files" main viewing window. It will remain frozen there until a LR reboot.

While waiting for a serious fix, I am able to view the SD contents in Finder, and pick images individually from Finder, and copy and paste them to a new folder in Photos. I can then import these photos from the hard drive to the Lightroom catalog. So the computer can see the SD card fine and transfer the data onto the computer fine.

My hardware/software

Olympus OM-D E-M10

Sony SDHC class 10 32gb

Macbook Pro Retina 13", 8gb RAM, OSX 10.10 Yosemite

Lightroom 5.5/5.6/5.7, catalog frequently backed up

Things I've tried:

1. Uninstalling and reinstalling Lightroom fresh. Same issue.
      2. Switching to a brand new SD card. Same issue.
      3. Importing one photo or multiple photos from SD at a time. Same issue.
      4. Importing from SD into iPhoto, works fine.

I'm dying to find a solution for this problem, it has completely KILLED my workflow to the point where I just don't bother importing and editing my photos anymore because it is such a lengthy process (select and import dozens into LR only to realize it's not going to work, go back into Finder and find the same photos one by one and copy over, then go back to LR and import into LR catalog). I have no idea what is the problem, and seeing as it just recently started happening, it seems to be a mac software support issue. Anyone ever experience anything similar, and what do I have to do to get my workflow up and running again??

Thanks