4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 22, 2015 12:29 PM by Peter Spier

Does the problem "Importing footnotes in tables from a Word document" have been improved?

Guogang

Hello everybody

I have a problem as the exactly same as I searched above. Please let me cite the description below:

"... i am importing a Word document in InDesign. This document is containing footnotes in text and in tables. In the Word document the numbering for the footnotes is for example, number 1-9 in text and 10 in table, 11-15 again in text and 16 in table. In others words, the footnotes both from text and tables are one serie of numbers. When i import this Word text in InDesign the numbering is changing. The numbering of the footnotes in tables starts with number 1. So in InDesign i have two separated series of footnotes. Each starting from number 1. And that 's a problem. I want them to apair as one serie of numbers, including the footnotes in tables. Is there a solution for this problem?..."(Importing footnotes in tables from a Word document, HansGrifontwerp)

I noticed that the discussion was posted on 2010-11-11 so that I hope to know does the problem have been improved in Indesign CC 2014? Now I have a 400 page book project which contains hundred tables combining with footnotes. I am trying to control the text and tables' footnotes into one number series but not change them into endnotes. However, my expectation really works in Word document.

Thank you so much!

Regards!