3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 21, 2014 8:28 AM by Peter Spier

InDesign CC PPD issue

Dylan7879 Level 1

Trying to get a PPD file loaded for a printer and having no luck with InDesign.  I have the PPD file and have it placed in the correct directory on Windows 7 64 bit PC.  Not finding much help online as to how this is added in InDesign CC.

• 1. Re: InDesign CC PPD issue
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

In General, the correct PPD should be installed when you install the printer, and ID will pick it up when the printer is selected. The only place I know that you would be able to access a PPD that doesn't match an installed printer is if printing to Postscript File.

• 2. Re: InDesign CC PPD issue
            Dylan7879 Level 1

That is the issue, it appears that after the install it was correctly setup using the correct PPD file.  Then after some issues with updates failing for InDesign CC after clean deleting the program from the Adobe CC Removal Tool that it wiped out the PPD setting when attempting to print from InDesign.  I actually have a CC support rep working on it now so hopefully it will be resolved as the main cause that is happening is that the fonts are not carrying over when printing out the document from InDesign.

• 3. Re: InDesign CC PPD issue
              Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

First thin I would do is reinstall the printer. And you should be sure to check the box in the print dialog to Download PPD fonts.