3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 21, 2014 9:36 AM by A.T. Romano

elements 13 activating component

johnnyspangler

Hello,

I have done a lot of searching on this topic and can't find anything that is relevant to premier elements 13.  I am hoping that someone can help me.

I am trying to publish a video for the first time and it tells me that I "must activate this component in order to use this feature" 

MPEG2 Component

It gives me a serial number and a web site: http://www.adobe.com/special/encoderactivation/sw_activation02.html

I have tried going to that web page in both internet explorer and in chrome and both show the same blank page.  (and yes, I am online  )

Untitled.png

I have no idea how to get this codec working and I am completely stuck as I can't publish without it

Any help would be amazing

Thanks

Johnny

• 1. Re: elements 13 activating component
          mpeg2 encoder

Have you tried live chat... I have the same issue on version 12 but they wouldn't help as my version is not supported...only 13.

The blank page... no place to insert the code provided

• 2. Re: elements 13 activating component
            A.T. Romano Level 7

johnnyspangler

This seems to be an epidemic this morning. Please see

MPEG2 Authentication Code

Please try the Adobe Chat as detailed in the above link.

Please let us know the outcome.

I see this as a web page availability issue not a version specific one. So Adobe Chat should be able to help you or point you to a department who can.

Please let us know the outcome.

ATR

• 3. Re: elements 13 activating component
              A.T. Romano Level 7

mpeg2 encoder

Please re-contact Chat Panel and ask for a supervisor if necessary.

I see this as a web page problem related to your account....not to current version or not. If Adobe Chat for accounts cannot help, then surely it should be able to put you in contact with a department which can.

Depending on the outcome, the following might be a consideration

Uninstall the program, do ccleaner run through (regular cleaner and registry cleaner parts), reinstall the program with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.

Be sure to have a good Internet connection. I prefer not to go this route unless desperate since reinstalling Premiere Elements 12 can be a project in itself.

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

The rationale behind this would be that when the program gets reinstalled this way, an automatic MPEG2 activation

will happen via your Internet connection, avoiding the need to go through that web page for MPEG2 activation.

Looking forward to your follow up.

Thank you.

ATR