4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 21, 2014 10:48 PM by Ed C Jake

Video Streaming Premiere E11 movie

Ed C Jake

I would like to video stream a 1 Hr. AVCHD movie completed in Premier Elements 11 to a 50" HD TV.  I would appreciate some help as to the procedure:

(I have not streamed video/TV/etc. before)

1.  The video will be streamed via WiFi to a Blue-Ray player.

2. Will the quality be as good as a BD disc?

3.  What settings do I use to save (share) PREL as?

4.  What software do I need on my laptop to be able to accomplish the streaming.

Thanks,

Ed

• 1. Re: Video Streaming Premiere E11 movie
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Ed

Miscellaneous something for you to explore...

The use of Apple TV connected to your TV (I used HDMI connection between these two).

The TV has a Wifi connection to my computer's router.

Import your video file into iTunes, then set Apple TV to "Computer" and, with iTunes opened (File Menu/Home Sharing enabled) on the computer, view your video in iTunes on the TV. iTunes typically accepts H.264.mov files. See Publish+Share/Computer/QuickTime.

There is probably lots more written about this online. Above is just starter suggestion.

More later if interested.

ATR

Add On...Another application...I can play iPod movies and songs on the Apple TV TV setup, using the iPod Air Play feature. The iPod has a Wifi connection.

• 2. Re: Video Streaming Premiere E11 movie
            Ed C Jake Level 1

ATR

Thanks for your quick response.

I have a Panasonic Blue-Ray player that has a wifi connection capability to my computer's router.  I don't have Apple TV, Roku, etc. as we don't watch much TV.

I will have to experiment with the connection to my TV, but one key question:

How does the WiFi video quality compare between SD-DVD and BD DVD.  If you could use a scale for WiFi video between 1 (SD-DVD) to 10 (BD), it would give me a good idea.

Thanks,

Ed

• 3. Re: Video Streaming Premiere E11 movie
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Ed

With my "smart" TV, the playback resolution is 1080p.

Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc wins on the resolution basis (1920 x 1080); whereas, DVD-VIDEO widescreen on DVD disc has the frame size 720 x 480 (NTSC) which is stretched by the 16:9 flag to about 856 x 480 for display after encoding.

I have not done a good comparison between the viewing quality of the different formats. Some TVs have technology that can enhance DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc playback. I need to look at what I have in that regard.

Not sure what you mean by BD DVD. The Premiere Elements offering is AVCHD format on DVD disc which will give the resolution of 1920 x 1080.

Over the weekend I will take a closer look at this.

ATR

• 4. Re: Video Streaming Premiere E11 movie
                Ed C Jake Level 1

ATR,

By BD DVD, I meant a Blue-Ray DVD but you answered the question.  I assume from your response that the wireless video quality is excellent as it is close to Blue-ray (1080p).

Ed