This content has been marked as final. Show 2 replies
I have found 'the searchpaths' to be very unreliable when using it to
find external files. It is kind of hit or miss sometimes. In my case
it was quicktime movies that it couldn't find. The way I fixed my
problem was to parse the filename of the quicktime, and test to see if
the file was in the place I expected it. Then set the filename to have
the exact path it needed.
This uses the BuddyAPI xtra. My project was PC only. You will have to
make adjustments if you plan on having it work on Macintosh's as well.
(watch for line wrapping on some of the longer lines of code here)
on beginSprite me
if baFileExists(the moviePath&"res\"&thisMovie) then
if baFileExists(the moviePath&"sound\"&thisMovie) then
You also might want to try clearing the searchPaths list before plugging in items.
the searchPaths = 
append the searchPaths, the moviePath & "res"
append the searchPaths, the moviePath & "sound"