3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 24, 2014 7:02 PM by mousemedia

CC apps won't start os x 10.10.1

mousemedia

As advertised above. I tried installing the CCs apps on my brand new MacBook Pro but after install, when I try to start After Effects CC or Media Encoder the both crash. Uninstalled CC, reboot, and reinstalled. No success.

• 1. Re: CC apps won't start os x 10.10.1
          mousemedia Level 1

Okay I just read some similar stories and decided to trash the ~/Library/Preferences/Adobe/AE folder. After I did so and started the program I got a serious system crash. I mean. My laptop completely froze. After a hard restart (turn of and on again) It mentioned I had a graphics problem.

I have apple care so I am not to concerned. But should I be?

Thanks,

Paul

• 2. Re: CC apps won't start os x 10.10.1
            zarloco

Similar here. My Production Premium CS6 was running good on OS X 10.10.0. After update to 10.10.1, Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Encore stopped working. They would crash midway loading. Photoshop would run good though. After a lot of cursing and a few nights of install/uninstall restart/reboot bs I figured what my problem was - RED GIANT. Yes, Red Giant software. As soon as I uninstalled it, everything went back to normal. I hope it will save you a few nerves.

• 3. Re: CC apps won't start os x 10.10.1
              mousemedia Level 1

Okay I fixed it. I reloaded the permissions of the Adobe folder. After that the problem was solved.

Screen Shot 2014-11-25 at 7.01.01 AM.png