Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bad Capturing of SAP-System

Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2007 Mar 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've tried to capture a SAP-Module with Captivate 2, but the object recognition is quite bad.
Highlight boxes are missing very often, text entry boxes have been created, but with completely wrong dimensions and colours.
Has anyone an idea how to improve this?

best regards
Holger
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 16, 2007 Mar 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi HolgerD

Sounding pretty ignorant here. I've heard of SAP before, but I'm not sure exactly what it is. Is it web based? If so, that's likely the issue. Captivate sometimes has issues recognizing Web based applications.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2007 Mar 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holger, SAP is a different animal. Another software application I use to do system simulations has a separate code-base just for SAP.

My suggestion to capture SAP is to do manual capturing instead of automatic in Captivate. Set up a hot-key in the Captivate recording preferences, and press that hot key after every action you perform. I believe the capturing will be MUCH more complete and accurate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 19, 2007 Mar 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Try different screen resolutions such as capturing at 16K colors and not 32K. Each slide can have a default resolution, Look at the Properties of a typical slide and it should be at "Standard." Now change that to "Optimized" or "JPeg" Your file will get larger, but your resolution will increase.

Are you recording in full motion? I never do that. I always turn off full motion recording because the files become frame-based movies and they become extremely large. There is a time and place for full motion video, but not in software simulations.

As noted above, try manual capture mode by pressing the PrtSc key as needed.

Joe C.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources