3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 19, 2007 1:20 PM by retro74

Bad Capturing of SAP-System

HolgerD-ymLQLC Level 1
      Hi all,

I've tried to capture a SAP-Module with Captivate 2, but the object recognition is quite bad.
      Highlight boxes are missing very often, text entry boxes have been created, but with completely wrong dimensions and colours.
      Has anyone an idea how to improve this?

best regards
      Holger
        • 1. Re: Bad Capturing of SAP-System
          Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          Hi HolgerD

Sounding pretty ignorant here. I've heard of SAP before, but I'm not sure exactly what it is. Is it web based? If so, that's likely the issue. Captivate sometimes has issues recognizing Web based applications.

Cheers... Rick
          • 2. Re: Bad Capturing of SAP-System
            KCWebPlaza Level 1
            Holger, SAP is a different animal. Another software application I use to do system simulations has a separate code-base just for SAP.

My suggestion to capture SAP is to do manual capturing instead of automatic in Captivate. Set up a hot-key in the Captivate recording preferences, and press that hot key after every action you perform. I believe the capturing will be MUCH more complete and accurate.
            • 3. Re: Bad Capturing of SAP-System
              retro74 Level 1
              Try different screen resolutions such as capturing at 16K colors and not 32K. Each slide can have a default resolution, Look at the Properties of a typical slide and it should be at "Standard." Now change that to "Optimized" or "JPeg" Your file will get larger, but your resolution will increase.

Are you recording in full motion? I never do that. I always turn off full motion recording because the files become frame-based movies and they become extremely large. There is a time and place for full motion video, but not in software simulations.

As noted above, try manual capture mode by pressing the PrtSc key as needed.

Joe C.