2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 16, 2007 3:36 PM by gavinnosler

Masking Issues

SymTsb Level 2
      Using AS to apply a mask to a series of thumbnail images....

thumbs_mc >> thbct_mc >> [Image Go Here, Created using createEmptyMovieClip and MCL Class]

My mask is applying fine. The issue manifests with the event handlers for the image mcs.

My mask is applied to the thbct_mc after the final thumb image loads. Each image is designed to be draggable. When I drag the images outside the area of the parent clip, the mask is physically moving (or at least appears to be)....and the images in the mask are gradually hidden as I drag my image. I've supplied partial sections of code that I would think are responsible for the issue.

If you'd like to see the problem in action because what I'm saying just doesn't make sense.... just let me know.
        • 1. Re: Masking Issues
          gavinnosler Level 1
          I recently posted a similar problem, but haven't been able to figure it out either. My situation is much simpler than yours. For some reason Flash keeps applying the mask until the content is eventually hidden. If you figure this out, PLEASE let me know. I'll do the same if I figure anything out.
          • 2. Re: Masking Issues
            gavinnosler Level 1
            I figured out how to fix it in my case. It's simple enough... I had cacheAsBitmap set for both my mask and the movieclip i was masking, and that worked how it should, but with the redraw problems I was talking about. The mask and content were contained inside another movieclip, so I enabled cacheAsBitmap on their parent movieclip, and it took away the redraw problems.