2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 28, 2014 12:01 PM by sh_internet

"Save as" dialog -- filename input

sh_internet Level 1

Hello,

each time if I save an edge animate using the "save as" dialog , the save as dialog opens and I click on another file in order to reuse the file name. The file name is prompted in the save as dialog.

Now, I like to modify the file name: I click into the file name and enter the first character. Instead of not changing the position, the program is selecting the complete file name and deletes the file name if you continue writing. This is in my opinion an error. The save as dialogs in Photoshop, Illustrator and Dreamweaver (I have not tested other Adobe applications) have the same issue.

Does anyone has a solution for this? I don't have this issue in MS Office or Visual Studio. Seems to be a problem in Adobe applications only.I have updated to the latest available AI, DW, PS and Animate versions (CC 2014.1 and so on).

Yours

Stephan

• 1. Re: "Save as" dialog -- filename input
          heathrowe Most Valuable Participant

I believe this is by default because when you are choosing a previously existing file you a doing a 'replace' operation.

I don't see this as a bug. I rarely resort to the process you outline and simply type the new name. On a rare occasion I use your method in other applications when I need the end results to be sequential in order (example photos)

Darrell

• 2. Re: "Save as" dialog -- filename input
            sh_internet Level 1

Hello,

it is windows standard feature inside a save as dialog box if the box is opened and if you click on an existing file name, the cursor should be places at the end of the filename which is completeley selected.

Then, you have the option to jump at the end of the input field and the filename will be automatically unselected. This is different inside Adobe file save as dialoges and does not correspond to Windows standard behaviour.

I would change it in order to be compliant to the expected standard feature.