4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2014 4:19 PM by A.T. Romano

Premiers Elements can not localise the video converter canopus ADVC110

puapuas

I use the converter ADVC110 together with Premiers Elements. If I start a new project and search a new source (Video importer), I don't get an Information about the source

• 2. Re: Premiers Elements can not localise the video converter canopus ADVC110
          A.T. Romano Level 7

puapuas

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer system is it running?

Is your issue "It worked before but not now" or "it never worked before"?

If you have Premiere Elements 13, please be aware that this new version does not support DV Capture or HDV Capture

as did the versions before it. It does offer a workaround. Are you somewhere in the workaround when your problem exists?

Please give more details on what you are doing...

If you are doing a DV or HDV Capture firewire into Premiere Elements (version earlier than 13), there is no Video Importer in the

route. It is going to be Add Media (11, 12, or 13) or Get Media (before 11), your selection of DV or HDV Capture, and then the Premiere Elements Capture Window.

If you think it would help in the exchange of information, please include a screenshot of the related areas involved in the problem.

From what you have written so far, I am not seeing the rationale behind exploring Legacy Drivers without a lot more basic information

on your problem.

Looking forward to your follow up.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: Premiers Elements can not localise the video converter canopus ADVC110
            puapuas Level 1

Romano

I use the following equipment, target is to make a digital File from HI8 films:

Recorder: Sony Hi8 Recorder EV-C2000E PAL

Converter: canopus ADVC110

Software: Adobe premiere elements 13

Windows: 8

The problem is, when I open a new project I can not find source to import the date from the converter.

• 4. Re: Premiers Elements can not localise the video converter canopus ADVC110
              A.T. Romano Level 7

puapuas

I am not sure if you considered my prior comment

If you have Premiere Elements 13, please be aware that this new version does not support DV Capture or HDV Capture

as did the versions before it. It does offer a workaround. Are you somewhere in the workaround when your problem exists?

Removed features and unsupported file formats | Adobe Premiere Elements 13

It is my understanding that when you are using your Canopus product (firewire connection) to digitize your analog footage you need to

a. Have the Canopus device set up and On

and

b. Use the Premiere Elements Add Media/DV Camcorder which will take you to the Premiere Elements Capture Window.

There is no Add Media/DV Camcorder or HDV Camcorder choice in Premiere Elements 13. Those options were removed

from Premiere Elements 13.

Please re-consider and then let me know what I may be overlooking in my interpretation of what you are trying to do.

Thank you.

ATR