4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 13, 2016 9:49 AM by Wilf7994@gmail.com

PE 11 - How Can I view Timeline Playback on TV Monitor?

LMVideo Level 1

How can I view Timeline playback on a separate (TV) monitor ?  Playback on my computer monitor is working fine; Just would like to also see it on a separate monitor.

My system:

Win7 Pro 64 Bit, i7 Processor, 256GB SSD, 2TB HD, EVGA GeForce GT 640 Graphics Card

Canopus ADVC-110 Capture Box

CONNECTIONS:

- 1394 Firewire from ADVC-110 to Computer

- RCA cables from ADVC-110 to TV Monitor

On my previous PC/set-up, I was able to view the Timeline playback on PC monitor and a separate TV monitor.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

John

• 1. Re: PE 11 - How Can I view Timeline Playback on TV Monitor?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

John

Premiere Elements 11 on Windows 7 64 bit.

Please consider the following to determine if either is what you had in mind with the question

1. If you have a LCD TV that can double as a computer monitor, then just make a VGA connection between the computer

and the LCD TV, and set the computer Display for 2 monitors, Extend Across Desktop...I believe you also have the choice

of Duplicate instead of Extend Across.

2. If your have a TV and computer each with an HDMI port, then make that connection when the TV is in the HDMI Mode.

Please review and consider and then let us know the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: PE 11 - How Can I view Timeline Playback on TV Monitor?
            LMVideo Level 1

ATR:   Thx for the informative reply!  I will consider those options.

What I just discovered:   Under Project Settings/Playback Settings, External Device was "NONE". Switched this to "DV" and the signal came thru my ADVC110 into the TV.

My current project was shot on a Panasonic PS-GV80 MiniDV camcorder (non-HD). Therefore, when I playback on an HD TV monitor, the quality isn't going to be that good.
            Since my Canopus ADVC-110 has only RCA or S-Video outputs, I can only connect this to the HD TV via RCA. (I do have a second, older pre-HD TV connected as well).

COMPUTER Video:   HDMI, DVI, VGA (on motherboard).   (2) DVI connections on the Video Card (one is connected to my Computer Monitor).

TV Monitor:  HDMI-1, HDMI-2, VGA, Component, RCA, USB

Computer Monitor:   DVI, VGA, HDMI, USB

I was under the impression that if you have a separate video card on a computer, you couldn't use the "on-board" video connections AND the video card connections at the same time.

Thanks again!

John

• 3. Re: PE 11 - How Can I view Timeline Playback on TV Monitor?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

John

Thanks for the reply with more information on your intended workflow.

Have you seen the following Adobe document which includes a section on Preview on a TV Monitor?

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/premiereelements/using/WS64B7E535-DDDF-4e54-BCB6-7D3EAD039996. html

ATR

Add On....Just in case note..in Premiere Elements 12 and 13, no more Playback Settings via Edit Menu/Project Setting/General. And, there is only grayed out Playback Settings title from right clicking Edit area monitor.

• 4. Re: PE 11 - How Can I view Timeline Playback on TV Monitor?
                Wilf7994@gmail.com Level 1

in PRE15, even the greyed out Playback Settings is gone.

Had it all working kind of ok in PRE11 and now I feel cheated.