12 Replies Latest reply on Dec 18, 2014 10:42 PM by KellenR

photoshop touch for nexus 6?

VGfreak16 Level 1

Is there going to be a release for nexus 6

• 1. Re: photoshop touch for nexus 6?
          ibarrien Adobe Employee

Hi,

are you having a problem installing it on a Nexus 6?

thanks,

Ignacio

• 2. Re: photoshop touch for nexus 6?
            VGfreak16 Level 1

Its not that I am having trouble but google play is saying that "your device does not support this version". So I am wondering if there is a version in the works or is there an app that basically does similar things.

• 3. Re: photoshop touch for nexus 6?
              KellenR Level 1

It's not appearing in the Google Play™ Store on Nexus 6 (shamu).  In my experience, this is likely due to the AndroidManifest.xml (in the .APK file) not declaring the proper elements and attributes to show compatability with this device.  I would take a closer look at both "<compatible-screens>" and "<supports-screens>".  Adding the relevant attributes to this should correct the problem and allow the APK to show up in Google Play™.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: photoshop touch for nexus 6?
                VGfreak16 Level 1

KellenR was that response towards me....because that reply made me go cross eyed haha. I have no indea how to do what you just said. If it was to the other guy.....then I hope it gets fixed. I love the nexus 6 but so far its kinda limited on apps that I want to use the big screen for

• 5. Re: photoshop touch for nexus 6?
                  greule Adobe Employee

I've just double checked the supported device list for "Photoshop Touch for phone" at the play store admin console and the Nexus 6 is listed as a supported device.  Have you tried to install "Photoshop Touch for phone" and not the tablet version "Adobe Photoshop Touch"? - Guido

• 6. Re: photoshop touch for nexus 6?
                    VGfreak16 Level 1

greule This is what shows up after doing a google search for the app. It doesn't even show up when I looked for it in google play

Screenshot_2014-11-26-08-23-15.png

• 7. Re: photoshop touch for nexus 6?
                      greule Adobe Employee

Did I get it right that you have tried to install via the play store app on your device? If not could you try. _ Guido

• 8. Re: photoshop touch for nexus 6?
                        VGfreak16 Level 1

Yes I have tried it greule as I explained in the previous comments. Is guido a staff member or something else

• 9. Re: photoshop touch for nexus 6?
                          greule Adobe Employee

I've just send you a private message

• 10. Re: photoshop touch for nexus 6?
                            KellenR Level 1

Neither versions of the .apk (phone or tablet) appear in the Play store -- and when manually locating the packages in Google Play I see that the Nexus 6 device is unsupported, which I'm sure is unintentional.  (See screenshots)

Comparing the AndroidManifest.xml file in both versions against the one in PS Express (which does allow install from Play Store), it seems apparent that the screenSize and/or screenDensity qualifiers are the culprits to blame...

[PSTOUCH PHONE] air.com.adobe.pstouchphone/AndroidManifest.xml:

...package="air.com.adobe.pstouchphone" android:versionCode="1003005" android:versionName="1.3.5"

<compatible-screens>

<screen android:screenSize="normal" android:screenDensity="hdpi" />

<screen android:screenSize="normal" android:screenDensity="xhdpi" />

<screen android:screenSize="normal" android:screenDensity="480" />

<screen android:screenSize="normal" android:screenDensity="640" />

</compatible-screens>

...//

[PSTOUCH TABLET] air.com.adobe.pstouch/AndroidManifest.xml:

...package="air.com.adobe.pstouch" android:versionCode="1007005" android:versionName="1.7.5"

<supports-screens android:smallScreens="false" android:normalScreens="false" android:largeScreens="true" android:xlargeScreens="true" android:requiresSmallestWidthDp="600" />

...//

The Android Developers Guide for Nexus 6 reiterates this with it's Best Practices Building Apps for 5.0 Lollipop.

touch-tablet.jpg  __ touch-phone.jpg

--

• 11. Re: photoshop touch for nexus 6?
                              ibarrien Adobe Employee

Do you still have a problem installing it on the latest version?

thanks,

Ignacio

• 12. Re: photoshop touch for nexus 6?
                                KellenR Level 1

Not anymore, We are GOOD to go now!!

Nexus 6 = Supported (Photoshop Touch for Phone)

ibarrien Did my comment to remove that screenDensity attribute qualifier help fix the problem? 

I was going to send you my invoice ...but I'll waive it this time for you. 

-Kellen Razzano