17 Replies Latest reply on Nov 27, 2014 1:23 AM by greule

Version 1.7.5 Manual Sync Failure

rec-52 Level 1

What is going on with this new update to the Photoshop touch app and the syncing with the creative cloud? How is one supposed to sync manually? All I get is a connection failure. Please help! I don't know what your definition of improved overall experience but this update certainly doesn't provide it. Why has the automatic sync function been removed? Remind me again why I'm paying for creative cloud account. Oh yeah that's right, so I can experience continual frustration and disappointment. Now the Photoshop touch app no longer Sync with a creative cloud.

• 1. Re: Version 1.7.5 Manual Sync Failure
          greule Adobe Employee

With the current release you can still add your files via the  "Upload to Creative Cloud" menu.

When you have trouble to access your files try to re-sign-in. - Guido

• 2. Re: Version 1.7.5 Manual Sync Failure
            rec-52 Level 1

No I can't. We've just been having this conversation on the other thread. How to upload projects to Creative Cloud from Photoshop Touch

The manual sync does not work. I've done the sign out and sign in. Something is wrong from your end and needs to be looked into for a solution.

• 3. Re: Version 1.7.5 Manual Sync Failure
              greule Adobe Employee

Could you try to re-boot your device. - Guido

• 4. Re: Version 1.7.5 Manual Sync Failure
                rec-52 Level 1

I did a reboot and that has no effect. I did a test of my own. I created and saved a new file that was just one colored background layer and followed the steps to manually sync. That file did to sync to my creative cloud account. I then added another layer in other words I made a change. I followed the same steps to manually sync and it does not connect. The situation that I've been describing about going to another page where all my files or not showing up and are sort of grade out with the choice at the bottom upload or cancel shows up again. And the message about sync failure as well. At the moment if you make a change to any existing project it doesn't sync manually to the creative cloud. Something must be wrong. I have been using the Photoshop touch app since it became available and have had the creative cloud account since its beginning as well. In the last 12 months the problems with syncing and the failure to sync have just multiplied. What good is the creative cloud if existing projects can't be modified and synced?

• 5. Re: Version 1.7.5 Manual Sync Failure
                  greule Adobe Employee

Are you able to open a document from the creative cloud via "New From"? -Guido

• 6. Re: Version 1.7.5 Manual Sync Failure
                    rec-52 Level 1

I'm sorry I don't understand what you are asking me. Could you please explain further?

• 7. Re: Version 1.7.5 Manual Sync Failure
                      greule Adobe Employee

Just open the "New From" dialog via the red marked area (see attached screenshot)

IMG_5674.PNG

From the next dialog choose the "Creative Cloud" entry (see the next screenshot)...

IMG_5675.PNG

Select one of your projects and choose "Add"

Does that work for you?

- Guido

• 8. Re: Version 1.7.5 Manual Sync Failure
                        rec-52 Level 1

When I go to that screen the projects that are available are only a small portion of my total projects in the cloud. The projects in the cloud and on my iPad app match. I opened a file and it did open but I don't know if it came from the cloud or if it opened because it was already in the app.

If I make a change to an existing file in order to have it reflected in the cloud, I have to go into my creative cloud account and archive file. Then if I go back into the Photoshop touch App and do a manual sync it appears in my creative cloud file list. Can that really be the way this is supposed to work?

And if you restore a file from the archive how do you get it back into the Photoshop touch app?

• 9. Re: Version 1.7.5 Manual Sync Failure
                          greule Adobe Employee

here are my steps. Is there anything different to yours?

- I have a saved project within my PS Touch gallery

- from there I choose "Upload to Creativ Cloud" from the top menu bar

- "Upload to Creative Cloud" - dialog comes up

- I select my project from the PS Touch gallery and choose the file type which I would like to upload

- confirm with OK

- at the next dialog confirm with Upload

==> done

When you restore a file via http://creative.adobe.com/files then this file will be accessible via for import.

-

Guido

• 10. Re: Version 1.7.5 Manual Sync Failure
                            rec-52 Level 1

I don't understand why you have a link to my files. I am especially unhappy that you would place such a link in a form message.

• 11. Re: Version 1.7.5 Manual Sync Failure
                              greule Adobe Employee

This is the normal path to the creative cloud files. With your login you see your assets and when I login myself I see my assets

• 12. Re: Version 1.7.5 Manual Sync Failure
                                rec-52 Level 1

If the project has already been saved the sync does not work as you described. I have to go into my creative cloud account and archive the file in order  to be able to upload the changed file.  Is this really the way the system has been designed?

The other question has to do with moving a file from the creative cloud to the Photoshop touch app. Currently the screen through which that function seems to work, the new from item that you screenshot for me does not list all my current projects. If the screen does not have show what is currently in my creative cloud how can I restore it to the Photoshop touch app?

Thanks for your clarification about the link and access to one files.

• 13. Re: Version 1.7.5 Manual Sync Failure
                                  Warunicorn Adobe Community Professional

I can connect to my Creative Cloud account and upload projects (and even replace them; PS Touch asks me) but I cannot seem to browse and upload to specific folders. When I try to navigate to a specific folder, I get the following error:

Screenshot_2014-11-25-01-04-41.png

Steps to repro:

• Create a folder in Creative Cloud. (Can be from a browser on a desktop computer, for example.)
                                  • Go through the normal procedure of uploading to Creative Cloud via PS Touch. Try to browse to the specific folder created earlier. As soon as you tap it, you get the specific error above.

Note I don't really lose connection. I tap OK and it simply puts me in that folder but I cannot use the "Upload" button as it's ghosted out. I can navigate back to the root directory from there and then upload.

Using a Google Nexus 7 2013 with Android 5.0 (Lollipop).

ON EDIT: Things I have tried but forgot to include last time; all results ended in no joy:

• Deleting/archiving folders on Creative Cloud and recreated them.
                                  • Deleting/archiving projects in folders on Creative Cloud and tried to republish them in PS Touch.
                                  • 14. Re: Version 1.7.5 Manual Sync Failure
                                    rec-52 Level 1

I wish someone would give further clarification.  All of my files in the creative cloud still do not appear in the Photoshop touch app. When you hit the new from tab and the creative cloud all the files that are in my creative cloud account are not accessible. How can I possibly restore a file that was archived back into the creative cloud file page and ultimately my Photoshop touch app, if only a sampling of my files can be seen?

• 15. Re: Version 1.7.5 Manual Sync Failure
                                      greule Adobe Employee

We where able to reproduce the issue. Unfortunately we only show 100 assets for import right now and that's a bug.

What you can do to workaround is to structure your files in folders with the max of 100 assets.

-

Guido

• 16. Re: Version 1.7.5 Manual Sync Failure
                                        rec-52 Level 1

Thank you so much for getting back to me and explaining the situation. Do I understand correctly that there is every intention to work on fixing this bug? Also is there any place that you can direct me to get further information about how to make folders? At the moment I don't have folders I just have my individual projects.

• 17. Re: Version 1.7.5 Manual Sync Failure
                                          greule Adobe Employee

You can directly create a folder at finder level within your "Creative Cloud Files" -directory for the desktop sync or you can visit https://assets.adobe.com/files

and create a folder via the "Actions" menu. - Guido