0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 24, 2014 3:01 AM by anja_c

Backing up data

anja_c

So my question might be stupid and the solution simple, but I tried searching everywhere and couldn't find an answer.

I recently started working for a company which produces newspaper supplements.

All the files have been created on a mac (3.1 GHz Intel Core i5 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, if that's of interest for anyone), using Adobe Creative Cloud.
      They have never been backed up, meaning the only existing copy of the files lie on this computer, which have piled up to 135 GB of data.
      This leads to my question: How do I back them up, or move them to an external harddisk, without possibly messing up linked images etc.?

The files themselves are organized in a folder-structure like this:

"Year" -> "Project" containing: - InDesign File, - Subfolders with Texts etc.
      We don't have a network/server available, so I imagine I should move/cody them to an external harddisk? Is there a solution with creative cloud?

Again, I'm sure the answer could be very obvious but it's the first time I encounter this problem and somehow I can't figure out a good solution, especially since it's a lot of files, so creating packages and uploading them to a server would be extremely time-consuming.

Any help or tips are appreciated, thank you so very much in advance!