8 Replies Latest reply on Nov 28, 2014 7:54 AM by A.T. Romano

HELP

crafterofall

I had this installed on my computer and registered it at Christmas time 2013 then last week it said I had to register it in 7 days or it would not work. I tryed and nothing happened... So uninstalled and tried to re-install now it wont install....

Both Elements and Premiere

• 1. Re: HELP
          Sara.Forsberg Employee Moderator

[moving discussion to Premiere Elements forum]

• 2. Re: HELP
            A.T. Romano Level 7

crafterofall

What version of Premiere Elements are you trying to use and what computer operating system is involved?

Are you not able to install both Photoshop Elements as well as Premiere Elements?

Let us focus on Premiere Elements for starters....

From what you wrote, you say the program did not work. But then you said you downloaded and installed it.

How far into the program did you get when you decided it did not work? How did it not work?

a. Were you able to get beyond the Sign In phase?

b. Were you able to open the program to the Edit workspaces?

c. Other?

Please supply more details and then we can decide what next based on your reply.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: HELP
              crafterofall Level 1

I was an am not able to get beyond the Sign In phase?

• 4. Re: HELP
                A.T. Romano Level 7

crafterofall

Thanks for the reply. But, we do need more information. Please see my questions in post numbered 2.

What version of Premiere Elements are you trying to use and what computer operating system is involved?

Are you not able to install both Photoshop Elements as well as Premiere Elements?

Since you mentioned that you installed and registered Premiere Elements around Christmas 2013, does that mean

that you are working with Premiere Elements 12?

If 12, I found it to have a lot of problems with the Sign In. And, I will make my comments specific for version 12 if I

know that you are using that version.

Looking forward to more details when you get a chance to post again.

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: HELP
                  crafterofall Level 1

yes it;s 12

• 6. Re: HELP
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

crafterofall

Thank you for the version information.

Please read through the following blog which describe the Premiere Elements 12 Sign In Issues that I faced and how they were resolved.

There is no one answer for this problem. But, determine if any of the things that worked for me with work for you.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE12: Premiere Elements 12 Editor Will Not Open

If you need clarification on any of the blog information, please do not hesitate to ask if you run into anything in information that needs

further explanation.

If none of that works for you, we can go through the usual drill

a. Are you running computer as Administrator?

Try going to

Local Disc C

Program Files

Adobe

Adobe Premiere Elements 12

and, in the Adobe Premiere Elements 12 Folder, find the file named Adobe Premiere Elements.exe, right click that file, and select Run As Administrator.

b. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer with Premiere Elements 12?

c. Is your computer's video card/graphics card up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card?

How many video cards/graphics cards does your computer use - 1 or 2? Confirm with Device Manager/Display Adapters list.

d. Does the problem exist with and without the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?

We will be watching for your results.

Thank you.

ATR

• 7. Re: HELP
                      crafterofall Level 1

I have tried all kinds of stuff!! I do not know all the things about my computer you have asked. I had Elements 12 on my computer since last Christmas with no problems... I had signed in and everything last year... Then out of the blue the Adobe sign in came up again telling me I had 7 days to sign in... so I tried It didn't work....So I uninstalled it, and reinstalled it.. Still would not let me sign in. I have restarted my PC several times, ran the CC cleaner. un installed and re-installed both...... both have confirmed that they are installed but will not sign in... I have to get this back up and running as I have lots of pictures to develop for Christmas.... This is so stressful and I have gone into my C drive and that has no adobe in the ect file.

• 8. Re: HELP
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

crafterofall

Very distressing news.

Check list...

a. Did you look at the problem with and without the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled? Could be an antivirus update that is messing things up.

b. Did you check Device Manager/Display Adapters to find out what your computer's video card/graphic card is? Did you check the web site

of the manufacturer of the card to assure that the driver version that you have for the card is up to date?

c. Are you using a mouse for your computer work or one of those pen and tablets?

You could look at another source for your installation files....you could download and install a free tryout of Premiere Elements 12 from the following web site and then insert your purchased serial number in it.

http://prodesigntools.com/photoshop-elements-12-direct-download-links-premiere.html

Major factor here is that you read and carry out carefully the "Note: Very Important Instructions" in the web page so that you do not get an Access Denied message.

When the Sign In failure occurs, have you gone to Computer/Manage/Event Viewer/Windows Logs and it Application in order to find an error description associated with the Sign In failure?

Please review and consider. If there is anything above that you need a how to for, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Thank you.

ATR