2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 11, 2014 8:00 AM by gsaubin65

Set exact sizes for brushes

randomblink Level 1

Well, I tried to create an 'Idea' instead of a 'Discussion' and after filling out the entire form, writing it up and everything, the stupid Adobe Interface tells me I don't have permission to create an 'Idea' in this community!?!?!?!

Adobe, if I can't create a thing... don't give me a bloody thing creator button!!!!!

GAH! SO... anyway...

I was wondering if anyone else wishes they could enter an exact size in numbers/pixels/inches/etc for the brush size and opacity? I mean it's kinda nice... sometimes... to touch and slide up or down to set the opacity and size, but when you need things to be exact, it really sucks that I can't enter digits to make sure that multiple objects share the same opacity or multiple points / lines share the same size.

VERY frustrating...

• 1. Re: Set exact sizes for brushes
          darenwoodward Level 2

I kinda like to keep it loose myself. When you're working with a pressure sensitive stylus, and the tools are all built around the blob-brush model, you're never going to get the exact same line width anyway. I feel that typing in stroke width and opacity percentages would slow things down to much.

That said, I do think the slider controls are too sensitive. Maybe there could be a way to set pre-sets in preferences, so the stroke-width could be in increments of 1, 2, etc. instead of half-points, or the opacity slider could be in 5 or 10 point increments.

• 2. Re: Set exact sizes for brushes
            gsaubin65 Level 1

I'd like to be able to set a "style" so I can return to the previous tool. That might be easy and workable.