Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

500 error after installing CF 11 Update 2

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2014 Nov 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola,

I installed CF 11 Update 2 today, and am now seeing nothing but a 500 error when trying to access either CF administrator or the application we are *trying to* host.  In the CF logs, I keep seeing the following error messages each time CF 11 Application Server service is started:

"coldfusion.server.ServiceFactory$ServiceNotAvailableException: The Monitoring service is not available."

and

"Unable to initialise Monitoring service: coldfusion.server.ServiceException: Unknown tag: Arg"

I don't know whether these are the reason I'm getting the 500 error, however.  I have tried rebuilding the web connector, restarting the OS and services, etc., to no avail.  I also tried installing a VSC++ 2012 redistributable that I saw was suggested somewhere on these forums, and that did not help either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 24, 2014 Nov 24, 2014

Hi Doug,

As Admin is not accessible, first remove the update manually. Here are the steps. I am providing you instruction, if you have installed CF11 in C drive.

1. Launch Command Prompt as Run as Admin.

2. Navigate to this location C:\ColdFusion11\jre\bin and then type the command "java -jar C:\ColdFusion11\cfusion\hf-updates\hf-11-00002\uninstall\uninstaller.jar". If you get a console to uninstall then follow the on screen instructions, if not then it will uninstall it without prompt.

3. Once unin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please let me know how you installed update 2, manually or from the Admin. Before installing the update, was it working?

Thanks,

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Definitely was working immediately before the update. I used the admin page to install the update. Probably should have done it manually. I am a newbie to CF.

Doug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Doug,

As Admin is not accessible, first remove the update manually. Here are the steps. I am providing you instruction, if you have installed CF11 in C drive.

1. Launch Command Prompt as Run as Admin.

2. Navigate to this location C:\ColdFusion11\jre\bin and then type the command "java -jar C:\ColdFusion11\cfusion\hf-updates\hf-11-00002\uninstall\uninstaller.jar". If you get a console to uninstall then follow the on screen instructions, if not then it will uninstall it without prompt.

3. Once uninstall it, check if the services has stared properly, and if you had created the connector after update 2, then remove that connector and recreate the connecter(Make sure you launch the wsconfig tool as Run as Admin, location C:\ColdFusion11\cfusion\runtime\bin).

After all these steps check if the Admin is working or not. If it will work, then go to this location in Windows explorer C:\ColdFusion11\cfusion\hf-updates and then remove the hf-11-00002 folder and hf-11-00002.properties file.

Installation instructions:

1. Go to location C:\ColdFusion11\cfusion\hf-updates, you will find hotfix_002.jar, copy this jar file and Paste it in C:\ColdFusion11\jre\bin directory.

2. Launch Command prompt as Run as Admin and then navigate to this location C:\ColdFusion11\jre\bin and then type the command "java -jar hotfix_002.jar" and follow the onscreen instructions.

Once the update installed successfully, then create the connector with above steps (Steps 3). Let me know in case of any issue,

Thanks,

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2014 Nov 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That did it... thank you Priyank! I think I would prefer to do future updates manually like this, so I’ll keep these instructions.

Doug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation