1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 24, 2014 9:40 PM by JoeLib

Space bar temporary move not working

juspix

I am running the latest PhotoshopCC 14.1.2 on my macbook pro. Recently the feature where the pressing and holding the space bar does not change my current tool ( clone or paint brush ) into the hand tool temporarily so I can move about my document. I have tried relaunching Photoshop, relaunching and trashing  the settings file and completely shutting down my mac and restarting.Do have any idea if I have done something to cause this behavior and what I can do to remedy it?

• 1. Re: Space bar temporary move not working
          JoeLib Level 3

I just checked out the Space Bar = Hand Tool and it works with any tool selected.  But it won't move the the image unless the image is zoomed into a magnification that is larger than the screen's viewing area.  Normal for that feature.   I have never seen that the Hand Move Tool never comes up in any situation on PC or Mac and any OS version when pressing the Space Bar.  

I am on a MAC Mini with Mavericks 10.9.4  and btw: Photoshop CC (2014.2.1)

Connect a USB external keyboard to the USB port and see if the Space Bar brings up a Hand and works correctly. 

If it does, your MacBook Keyboard Space Bar is suspect or your System Preferences has a problem with Keyboard or Trackpad or both.