11 Replies Latest reply on Aug 24, 2015 9:18 PM by A.T. Romano

No "Deactivate" in Premiere Elelments 7

Fizzgig999

There is no "Deactivate" option under the "Help" menu in Adobe Premiere Elements 7. How do I do so? I did not install the "Photoshop Elements" on the disk. Is this necessary?

• 1. Re: No "Deactivate" in Premiere Elelments 7
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Fizzgig999

This is to confirm that there is no "Deactivate" feature in Premiere Elements 7, Help Menu/....

If I recall correctly some of versions earlier than 8.0/8.0.1 had a deactivation in the uninstall dialogs that were

presented to the user in Control Panel/ where you uninstall programs. Not sure if version 7 was one of those. I would just

go ahead and follow the instructions that you get in the Control Panel area where you uninstall programs.

Not sure what you meant by

I did not install the "Photoshop Elements" on the disk. Is this necessary?

Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements are standalone programs. You can opt to install one or the other or both.

If you need some of the few features that depend on Photoshop Elements Premiere Elements integration, then you would need to

install both.

Please let me know if you are OK with the above information.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: No "Deactivate" in Premiere Elelments 7
            annieinthesun Level 1

Try logging into your photoshop account online with the computer you want to uninstall/deactivate your Elements 7 on. Adobe won't support with online chat or via phone, but you can reset your password if you have the email you registered your product with. This won't help if you can't log onto the computer you installed the product on, however. That's my problem, and I'm trying to get a hold of someone sympathetic at Adobe through LinkedIn, Twitter or some way.

• 3. Re: No "Deactivate" in Premiere Elelments 7
              A.T. Romano Level 7

annieinthesun

What computer operating system is involved?

I am not sure where you are coming from on this one, but the following are my observation on the topic of this thread, Deactivating Premiere Elements 7.

1. Premiere Elements 7 does not have a Deactivation or Sign Out option in its Help Menu. And, it does not have a deactivation option in the dialogues that are used in uninstalling the program. You do not need it.

2. There is no logging in with Premiere Elements 7....and, the photoshop.com pop up should be cancelled since it is now non functional. Updating it only gets you into necessary problems.

What do you want to do in this regard - move Premiere Elements 7 to other computers or something else? Please give details, and I will give you a user to user opinion (I actually use all of these programs).

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: No "Deactivate" in Premiere Elelments 7
                annieinthesun Level 1

Hi A.T.,

Thanks for taking some time to assist. I have a new HP laptop running Windows 10 (I was prompted to upgrade soon after getting it).

I had Adobe Photoshop Elements 7.0  installed on my last laptop. I can no longer log into that laptop as the keyboard is ruined. So I can't deactivate the license on that laptop. My license won't work on the new laptop because I had installed it on more than one machine. (I had installed in on a laptop around 2009, which I also no longer have.)

My serial number is valid, but I not accepted on the software on the new laptop because of this. I've verified with Adobe chat that my license is valid but they won't support Elements 7.0 in chat. The technicians there said to go on the forum for help. I've also tried reaching out to Adobe via Twitter, LinkedIn, phone, and Facebook.. I will send a letter to them I guess via US Mail. I'm hoping eventually I can get Jeffrey Tranberry, Chief Customer Advocate at Adobe, to assist.  I've pasted the 3 transcriptions from chat here.

FIRST TRANSCRIPT BELOW:

General Info
                Chat start time Aug 17, 2015 2:32:54 PM PST
                Chat end time Aug 17, 2015 3:32:34 PM PST
                Duration (actual chatting time) 00:59:40
                Operator Anjali

Chat Transcript

info: Thank you for your patience.
                While you wait, you can try our community forums where experts are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

info: We are still assisting other customers, thank you for your patience. You can also try our community forums, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
                info: We are still assisting other customers, thank you for your patience. You can also try our community forums, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

info: You are now chatting with Anjali.
                Anjali: Hello! Welcome to Adobe Customer Service.
                Ann Shea: Oh, so glad to see you arrived.
                Anjali: Hello Ann, How are you doing ?
                info: Your chat transcript will be sent to -------at the end of your chat.
                Ann Shea: I'm fine, thank you, and hope you are, too.
                Anjali: Sorry you have to wait for long, Today there is huge chat flows for that reason your chat was in queue.
                Anjali: Yes I am fine, Thank you.
                Ann Shea: Need to deactivate the license on my old laptop but I can't log onto it to connect to the internet to do so.
                Anjali: So I got your query as far as I understand you are trying to install PSE7.0 to your new machine but for that you have to deactivate from your old machine, Am I correct?
                Ann Shea: Yes. I spilled milk on my old computer. I had to get a new laptop and can't log into the old one to connect online.
                Anjali: Please allow me a moment while I look into your account & verify the details.
                Ann Shea: At first I didn't understand why the serial number was not working.
                Ann Shea: Thank you, I will wait.
                Anjali: Ann I have located your account but I can not see any product registered under your account, So If you have the product's serial number please help me with that
                Ann Shea: Yes, the serial number is
                Ann Shea: My email is ----------
                Ann Shea: I've had the same email for years, even back when I bought the software about 8 years ago.
                Anjali: Have you tried to install the product on your new laptop?
                Ann Shea: Yes, when I tried to install it, I got an error.
                Ann Shea: Your file was successfully uploaded: error.JPG.
                Anjali: Allow me a moment let
                Anjali: me check the attachment file
                Ann Shea: okay. I'm glad to get a live agent.
                Ann Shea: I think I purchased it back in '09. I'm looking through emails trying to find information. I know I took a course to learn how to use it back then, so I probably bought it before the course.
                Ann Shea: I don't know what else to do?
                Anjali: Ann, Are you trying to activate it on Windows OS ?
                Ann Shea: Yes, it's Windows 10
                Anjali: Here, the reason why you are getting error message is either you have to update your software or the download has to be processed again,.
                Anjali: So Right now I am providing you a download link for PSE7.0
                Anjali: Please try to download it once again
                Ann Shea: Oh, I'm glad you have the solution. I will look for the link.
                Anjali: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/photoshop-elements-7-8-9-downloads.html
                Anjali: Can you see the link,.
                Ann Shea: Yes I see it now. I'm downloading it right now. Thank you...I'll let you know if it works.
                Anjali: Yes please download files for Windows OS
                Ann Shea: It's taking a little while to download. Thanks for your patience.
                Anjali: No Problem, We are here to help our customer.
                Anjali: Hope that the link will work finger's cross
                Ann Shea: I'm extracting the file from the download now.
                Anjali: Okay
                Ann Shea: It's extracted. I'm going to see if it works.
                Anjali:    Yes please let me know
                Ann Shea: I'm being prompted to remove Adobe Photoshop Elements 7.0
                Ann Shea: Do I need to remove it first?
                Anjali: Yes you need to un-install the previous installed PSE
                Ann Shea: hold on...I think it was successful. I want to confirm.
                Anjali: So it is working fine ?
                Ann Shea: I think I had canceled the removal by mistake.
                Anjali: were you able to install the product ?\
                Ann Shea: Not yet. Sorry for the delay.
                Anjali: It's ok
                Ann Shea: It says preparing to install. Previously I had several version of installation running at the same time.
                Anjali: okay
                Ann Shea: Okay, now the single instance of the exe file is REMOVING elements 7...

-----------

SECOND TRANSCRIPT BELOW:

General Info
                Chat start time Aug 17, 2015 3:51:06 PM PST
                Chat end time Aug 17, 2015 3:59:18 PM PST
                Duration (actual chatting time) 00:08:11
                Operator Subramani

Chat Transcript

While you wait, you can try our community forums where experts are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

info: You are now chatting with Subramani.
                Subramani: Hello! Welcome to Adobe Customer Service.
                Subramani: Hi Ann,
                Ann Shea: Hi, thank you for trying to help me. I believe I closed my other chat window by mistake.
                Subramani: I understand that you are not able to activate Adobe Photoshop Elements 7 on Windows 10.
                Ann Shea: Yes. I had it installed on another laptop. I am not able to log into that laptop to de-activate the license.
                Ann Shea: Anjali was trying to help me. He gave me a link to install from the website but it still have not been able to activate it with my registration key.
                Subramani: Photoshop Elements 7 is an older version and we do not support the older version. I request you to submit your query on Forums, out team of experts will contact you and resolve the issue.
                Ann Shea: There are no solutions for this problem there.
                Ann Shea: I have looked already and other users are having the same issue.
                info: Your chat transcript will be sent to ________________ at the end of your chat.
                Subramani: The support for your product is available only on forums.

THIRD CHAT TRANSCRIPT BELOW:

For additional help, reach us at http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

General Info
                Chat start time Aug 17, 2015 6:21:35 PM PST
                Chat end time Aug 17, 2015 6:58:56 PM PST
                Duration (actual chatting time) 00:37:21
                Operator Tshering

Chat Transcript

info: You are now chatting with Tshering.
                Tshering: Hello! Welcome to Adobe Customer Service.
                Tshering: I have received your query.
                Tshering: Could you please elaborate your issue?
                Ann Shea: Hi Tshering,
                Tshering: Yes, I am here
                Tshering: Could you please elaborate your issue?
                Ann Shea: I'm trying to install Adobe Photoshop Elements 7.0 on my laptop. When I enter the serial number, it doesn't work.
                Tshering: Thank you for confirming your issue.
                Tshering: May I have your serial number?
                Ann Shea: I'm trying to locate the exact error message.
                Tshering: Could you provide me the serial number?
                Ann Shea: Yes, the serial number is ------------------
                Ann Shea: I can't deactivate from my old laptop because I can no longer log into that laptop.
                info: Your chat transcript will be sent to ----------------- at the end of your chat.
                Tshering: One moment while I search for the information
                Ann Shea: Thank you.
                Ann Shea: A previous technician seemed to think it's because it wasn't compatible with Windows 10 which I'm using, and advised me to use the link here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/photoshop-elements-7-8-9-downloads.html but this doesn't seem to have worked with my serial number.
                Tshering: I have checked your serial number and it is for Photoshop element 7.0 for window
                Tshering: What operating system are you using?
                Ann Shea: windows 10
                Ann Shea: It's a new laptop. It prompted me to upgrade to windows 10.
                Tshering: okay
                Tshering: I will provide you the download link for Photoshop element 7.0
                Ann Shea: Is is different than this? https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/photoshop-elements-7-8-9-downloads.html
                Tshering: Download link  for Photshop elemet 7.0
                Tshering: File 1 of 1 (455 MB)
                Tshering: You can download the link I have provided you above and enter the serial number when it ask you to enter.
                Ann Shea: Thank you. To confirm, on that page I'm to download this file?
                Ann Shea: Photoshop Elements 7 Languages Mac OS X Windows English—International English—Universal Not available File 1 of 1 (455 MB)
                Ann Shea: Photoshop Elements 7 Languages Mac OS X Windows English—International English—Universal
                Tshering: Yes, You are correct
                Tshering: The serial number is valid and good to go
                Tshering: Is there anything else I can help you with?
                Ann Shea: Please wait to confirm. I believe it's the same download link that was provided earlier and my serial number did not work with it.
                Ann Shea: It is still downloading.
                Tshering: Okay, I will wait here
                Ann Shea: Thank you for ensuring I can open the program. It's almost finished downloading.
                Tshering: okay
                Tshering: I will wait here and let me know
                Ann Shea: The folder is downloaded and files are extracting...
                Ann Shea: Now it is asking me to REMOVE Elements 7.0.
                Tshering: For this query, You can visit adobe forum
                Tshering: http://www.adobe.com/support/forums
                Tshering: Please share your issue on adobe forum, they will help you
                Tshering: Is there anything else I can help you with?
                Ann Shea: I can't find the solution on the forum. My serial number is not working because the program was installed on my old laptop and I can't access it
                Ann Shea: Please do not leave until I can access my software.
                Tshering: please visit adobe forum and they are separate support team they will help you
                Ann Shea: there is not a support team on the forum. There are only consumers trying to help each other. I purchased the software and need to use it!
                Ann Shea: When I go to the forum for my question, I'm prompted to go to the chat for support.
                Tshering: No, please share your issue on adobe forum, there are separate support team they will help you regarding your issue as they are trained on older version.
                Ann Shea: I have been in the adobe forum for hours today trying to get assistance.
                Tshering: I understand that but there is only one way and please visit adobe forum.
                ...they are separate support team they will help you
                Ann Shea: They will not help me.
                Tshering: Please visit adobe forum and they are only person they will help you
                Ann Shea: Can you please advise to do about my Serial number not working???
                Tshering: The serial number is valid and good to go and for installation help, Please visit adobe forum, they will help you
                • 5. Re: No "Deactivate" in Premiere Elelments 7
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

annieinthesun

Thanks for the details.

At this time, are you only working on trying to get Photoshop Elements 7 installed on your Windows 10 computer?

I have done the following only with Premiere Elements 7, and I will repeat this with Photoshop Elements 7 if you want me to.

1. Installed Premiere Elements 7 on Windows 10 Home 64 bit. Then installed Premiere Elements 7 on Windows 10 Home Pro 64 bit.

Then I installed Premiere Elements 7 on Windows 7 Professional SP1 64 bit. The same active serial number on 3 different computers without any message about too many computers with the same purchased activated serial number. And, each of the installs worked for me to get into a new project.

You wrote

My license won't work on the new laptop because I had installed it on more than one machine. (I had installed in on a laptop around 2009, which I also no longer have.)

I need to give Photoshop Elements 7 a look the same way I did for Premiere Elements 7.

To be continued...

Just did the Photoshop Elements 7 installs on 3 different computer with the same purchased activated serial number. Each program on each computer working. No messages about too many installs of the same purchased serial number. Consequently, could you post a screenshot of what you are seeing when you go to install your Photoshop Elements 7 on your current laptop? Just in case link for posting screenshots in your replies.

The specified item was not found.

I will read all of your Adobe Chat discussion.

ATR

• 6. Re: No "Deactivate" in Premiere Elelments 7
                    annieinthesun Level 1

Hello ATR,

Here are the 3 messages that occur when I try to use Adobe Photoshop Elements 7.0 on my new laptop. The first message should not be the problem, as I have I/E version 11.0 installed. The Adobe Chat techs confirmed my Serial Number is valid, so I'm not sure why I keep encountering this problem.

Thanks for continuing to help troubleshoot this.

Ann

elements mssg 1.JPG

elements mssg 2.JPG

elements mssg 3.JPG

• 7. Re: No "Deactivate" in Premiere Elelments 7
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

annieinthesun

Thanks for the follow up with great information. The good news part of it is that I do not see anything about you having the purchased serial number on more than two of your computer.

Have you personally gone to the Adobe web site, signed in with your Adobe ID and password, done a Search to "My Products", and found your Photoshop Elements 7 listed under your products. If it is there, clicking on its entry should reveal the serial number...good double check..

Before the install, have you disabled the antivirus and firewalls?

Is there any remote possibility that you are not using the right serial number in spite of what Adobe told you....that is, did you purchase Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements and are using the Premiere Elements 7 serial number instead of the Photoshop Elements serial number? Sorry to ask, but I did not want to take anything for granted that might help get that product installed.

But, let me go back to an introductory matter....given that you are now trying to install Photoshop Elements 7 to your computer. Besides the computer with the trapped Photoshop Elements 7, how many other computers do you have at this time with that same purchased activated serial number?

ATR

• 8. Re: No "Deactivate" in Premiere Elelments 7
                        annieinthesun Level 1

Hi ATR,

I logged into Adobe and saw Adobe Photoshop Elements 7 wasn't listed under my products. I was able to register it. I had installed the software to two other laptops that I still have (so I know no one else is using them) but neither laptop allows me to log in. (I need to dispose of them, but haven't yet, as I don't know what to do with them.)

So my software is not actively being run on ANY computer. I'm also trying to resolve this with Adobe twitter accounts, as it's not yet resolved.

I just found out from @AdobeCare on Twitter. AJ suggests I just pay for new software.

Ann, the Photoshop Elements 7 is not supported on Windows 10. Elements 7 was released years ago before Windows 10. If the serial # is not activating. Go thru the steps in this link to make sure that your computer can access the Adobe server. helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/po Scott

https://twitter.com/AdobeCare
                        Adobe Customer Care

As it seems to be 64-bit operating system so the product will only work with 32-bit operating system. I would suggest you to please buy a new version for Adobe Photoshop Elements 13. ^AJ

• 9. Re: No "Deactivate" in Premiere Elelments 7
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

annieinthesun

I purchased Photoshop Elements 7 and Premiere Elements 7 when it was first released. True, several years ago when I was still using Windows XP Professional SP3 32 bit. I purchased the products' installation discs. Subsequently I went to Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10 64 bit computers and installed these two products. No problem.

There has never been any problem with installation of those two products on to a Windows 64 bit computer - either Windows 7 Professional SP1 64 bit or Windows 10 Pro 64 bit or Windows 10 Home 64 bit. What happens in this case, Photoshop Elements 7 and Premiere Elements 7 are each 32 bit applications which run in the 32 bit compatibility mode of the 64 bit system.

What are you using to install your Photoshop Elements 7 - presumed the same download from Adobe Other Downloads that I used in my recent studies for you. Right?

Let us go deeper into this. What did you purchased originally - download from Adobe? If so, what computer operating system was it downloaded to?

Or did you install from an installation disc? When you purchase from a download, the deal is typically specific to the computer operating system. So, what you may have purchased  may be a license specific to Photoshop Elements on a Windows 32 bit computer. But.....

Let us add just one more twist to this....you say that you have Photoshop Elements 7 installed with an activated serial number on 2 of your computers. What is the computer operating system for each of these two computers?

Maybe, just one more thing...there is no more log in for Premiere Elements 7, 8, 9, or 10. That requirement went when photoshop.com was discontinued by Adobe. So, after you install the program with your purchased serial number, you ignore the pop up that wants you to upgrade or update photoshop.com, hit cancel to the pop up, and move forward into the program to do your photo editing.

Please consider.

ATR

• 10. Re: No "Deactivate" in Premiere Elelments 7
                            annieinthesun Level 1

Hi again ATR,

Wanted to get back to you and thank you for all your time. In the end, Adobe stepped up to the plate through Twitter. You were correct that Adobe Customer Care (@AdobeCare) | Twitter was a good resource, and finally their real customer service guru Jeffrey Tranberry @jtranber Senior Product Manager, Chief Customer Advocate - Adobe Digital Imaging. 14 year veteran on the Adobe Photoshop Product Development Team. was able to help. I'm hugely grateful for his stepping in, as I am for people like you that devote their energies to helping Adobe users out! 

• 11. Re: No "Deactivate" in Premiere Elelments 7
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

annieinthesun

Wonderful news. Thanks for sharing it with us. You did a great job of follow through to succeed with your Photoshop Elements.

And, much praise to Adobe's Jeffrey Tranberry who helped you.

Best wishes for great projects and success moving forward.

ATR