1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 20, 2007 1:12 PM by Newsgroup_User

popup input window

bobobotie
      I would like a custom pop-up window to come up when i push a button.

For instance, a "load" button that will pop up with a list of checkboxes for each character to choose from. You can chose one or more characters. How would i go about doing this? I tried looking for lingo commands that would pop-up windows, but all i could find were the "save" and "open" pop-up windows.

Also am looking for a window to pop-up to allow me to choose a directory. There's "open", but it won't let me choose a directory, only an actual file. I want just the folder path.

Thanks,
      Bo
        • 1. Re: popup input window
          Level 7
          > For instance, a "load" button that will pop up with a list of checkboxes for
          > each character to choose from. You can chose one or more characters. How would
          > i go about doing this? I tried looking for lingo commands that would pop-up
          > windows, but all i could find were the "save" and "open" pop-up windows.

You could create a separate Director file and open it as a MIAW

> Also am looking for a window to pop-up to allow me to choose a directory.
          > There's "open", but it won't let me choose a directory, only an actual file. I
          > want just the folder path.

The Buddy API xtra has a baGetFolder() method that presents a modal
          folder-select dialog