12 Replies Latest reply on Jan 22, 2015 10:46 AM by Frank Stokes-Guinan

Draw to illustrator

Mark Newbound

How do I get from Draw to Illustrator? I have Illustrator CS6 - will it be possible?

• 1. Re: Draw to illustrator
          Frank Stokes-Guinan Adobe Employee

You will need a subscription to Illustrator CC in order to send files from Draw to Illustrator.

Hope that helps,

-Frank

• 2. Re: Draw to illustrator
            mjblanco322 Level 1

I'm have CC but I don't have any options to load to either Illustrator or PS from my iPad when I go to 'Share'. My iPad is an iPad 2. Does that make a difference?

• 3. Re: Draw to illustrator

The type of device does not matter for the share functionality. It does not vary by device.

If you have a Creative Cloud paid subscription, then one thing to double-check is that you are signed into the same Adobe ID in Draw that you has the paid subscription. You can check which account you are signed into in the settings panel. (Tap the app icon in the top left corner.)

If you are signed into the same account, it is possible that the app is not yet up-to-date with your Adobe ID's "entitlements." This could potentially happen if you purchased your Creative Cloud subscription within the last 24 hours. Try signing out of the app and then signing back in. (You can sign out by tapping your Adobe ID in the settings panel.)

Hope that helps,

Frank

Draw Engineering

• 4. Re: Draw to illustrator
                mjblanco322 Level 1

Hi Frank,

Thanks for helping me out, but nothing is working. I've uninstalled Creative Cloud and the apps and then reinstalled them, all on the same account . The drawings for both Draw and Shape are saved on Creative Cloud as .pngs, not vectors. Any other ideas? As I said before, Adobe Ideas worked like a charm. All those drawings read as vectors in Ai.

• 5. Re: Draw to illustrator
                  L.Redmond

Dear Frank,

Thank you for your help with a previous inquiry.

I would like to edit Draw files in Illustrator 6 (not CC). Just sending out a big wish :-)

Laura

• 6. Re: Draw to illustrator

mjblanco322 If you are still having issues, could you send a screen shot of the share menu on your Draw app? Could you also send a screen shot of the settings panel that shows your AdobeID?

Thanks,

Frank

Draw Engineering

• 7. Re: Draw to illustrator
                      L.Redmond Level 1

Thank you Frank --  I think I figured this out ‹ I may have been entering my

Apple ID instead of my Adobe ID.

Laura

On 2015-01-16, 11:33 AM, "Frank Stokes-Guinan" <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 8. Re: Draw to illustrator
                        mjblanco322 Level 1

Thanks, Frank. I appreciate your help.

Marcia Blanco

mjblanco322@gmail.com

http://www.donorschoose.org/mblanco322

"It’s not about being better than someone else; It’s about being better than you were the day before.” -Anonymous

• 9. Re: Draw to illustrator
                          mjblanco322 Level 1

The Draw app exports the file to Creative cloud as a PNG. I don’t have a choice.

Marcia Blanco

mjblanco322@gmail.com

"It’s not about being better than someone else; It’s about being better than you were the day before.” -Anonymous

Begin forwarded message:

Subject: Re: You have been mentioned by Frank Stokes-Guinan in Re: Draw to illustrator in Adobe Community

Date: January 19, 2015 at 10:44:03 AM EST

To: jive-1572214261-w5vz-2-488ys@adobe-v7.hosted.jivesoftware.com

Thanks, Frank. I appreciate your help.

Marcia Blanco

mjblanco322@gmail.com <mailto:mjblanco322@gmail.com>

>

• 10. Re: Draw to illustrator

The Send-to-Illustrator button should appear on the share menu (which appears when you tap on the share icon in the top right of the sketch view) if you have a subscription to Illustrator CC.

If you tap and don't see the file open up in Illustrator on your desktop, try double-checking the following:

1) Make sure you have the latest version of Illustrator (v18.1.1) installed.

2) Make sure your "Creative Cloud" app is running on your desktop. If it is, you should see the Creative Cloud icon in your menu bar on the mac and in your taskbar on windows. This is the app that listens for the notifications from the Creative Cloud server and launches Illustrator in response.

3) Make sure that both the Creative Cloud app on your desktop and the Draw app on your iPad are both signed into the same Adobe ID.

4) Make sure that the time on your iPad is in sync with the time on your desktop. The notification from the iPad to the desktop is designed to expire in 24 hours, so if the times vary by more than that, the notification may not come through.

5) Try restarting the Creative Cloud app on your desktop.

6) Try signing out of the Draw app on the iPad and then signing back in. (You can sign out by tapping your Adobe ID in the settings panel.)

Hope that helps,

Frank

Draw Engineering

• 11. Re: Draw to illustrator
                              mjblanco322 Level 1

I don’t have a “Save to Illustrator” button. In in share menu, I can send it via Message, Mail Twitter, Evernote and Pintrest. I can save it, copy it and add it to my “Things” app. I can save it to creative cloud, but that is when it comes in as a png.

Could this be because it’s an iPad 2?

Marcia Blanco

mjblanco322@gmail.com

• 12. Re: Draw to illustrator

When tapping the share icon, you should see the following menu. The 'Send to Photoshop' and 'Send to Illustrator' buttons will only show up if the Adobe ID that you are signed in with is subscribed to Photoshop or Illustrator. It is not dependent on the type of device you are using.

Double-check the Adobe ID that you are signed in with is the one with the subscription to Illustrator. Also, try signing out and signing back in to Draw.

Hope that helps,

Frank

Draw Engineering

5E840C5F-AFBC-483E-AA27-CE0D86E88CBC.png