3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 25, 2014 1:31 PM by A.T. Romano

How do I edit points when using 4/8/16 Garbage Matte?

Small School Level 1

After copying a video track, I add the garbage matte (4, 8 or 16), but no editable points appear; a box appears around the clip but it will only allow me to resize the entire image. Is this a problem due to my OS and does anyone know a way round it?

2008 iMac 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OSX 10.8.5 / PE13

Paul W.

• 1. Re: How do I edit points when using 4/8/16 Garbage Matte?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Paul W.

Premiere Elements 13 Mac

I am strictly an Elements Windows user, but this should work for you with Premiere Elements 13 Mac.

After you have applied a Garbage Matte to the Timeline file, there will a Garbage Matte Panel in the route Applied Effects Tab/Applied Effects Palette.

Whenever you lose sight of the Garbage Matte points/handles on screen, with the mouse cursor click once on the Garbage Matte Panel.

Please let us know if that works for you. More details plus screenshots if necessary.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: How do I edit points when using 4/8/16 Garbage Matte?
            Small School Level 1

Brilliant! Thanks AT - it worked!
            I've been using FCP for years but first time with PE, & it's nearly always something simple like this that causes a problem.

Cheers dude :-)

• 3. Re: How do I edit points when using 4/8/16 Garbage Matte?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Small School

Glad that the Garbage Matte suggestion worked for you.

Another maneuver that I have found useful from time to time when I need to get at those points on screen which are just out of the visible range

......right click the Edit area monitor, select Magnification, lower the magnification, move the points on screen inward, and then return the Magnification to "Fit" and continue adjusting the points now all visible.

Best wishes with your Premiere Elements projects.

ATR