• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I remove a duplicate browse sequence from HTML help created with RoboHelp 8?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2014 Nov 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of my projects in a merged projects is showing two browse sequences in the merged system.  I've tried deleting the project from the merged system, recompiling, checking that the browse sequence doesn't appear in the merged system, then adding back the project.  The duplicate browse sequence appears again.  I've also checked the individual project and there is no duplicate browse sequence when I view iit.  Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 25, 2014 Nov 25, 2014

Screen shot below.  Note that the browse sequence for NAACCR Data Standards and Data Dictionary is duplicated in the drop down.  A colleague helped me fix this by opening the .hhp file in Notepad and deleting a second entry under [MERGE FILES] for that component of the merged project.  This problem apparently happens when a merged project is copied and modified.  The .hhp file can end up with two entries for a component, one with a full path and one without.  I deleted the duplicate with the ful

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

A screen capture would help here. I'm wondering if you are referring to Breadcrumbs as opposed to Browse Sequences.

Here is breadcrumbs:

tmp1.png

If that's the case, you likely have them enabled in the Single Source Layout recipe as well as in a Master Page. So you will need to turn them off in one of the places.

If that's not what you are seeing, please share a screen capture to clarify.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was what I was thinking too – I’ve never heard of duplicate Browse Sequences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, you can have duplicate browse sequences. Each sequence is simply a list of topics. They both cannot have the same name, of course, but they can be duplicates.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen shot below.  Note that the browse sequence for NAACCR Data Standards and Data Dictionary is duplicated in the drop down.  A colleague helped me fix this by opening the .hhp file in Notepad and deleting a second entry under [MERGE FILES] for that component of the merged project.  This problem apparently happens when a merged project is copied and modified.  The .hhp file can end up with two entries for a component, one with a full path and one without.  I deleted the duplicate with the full path, recompiled, and the duplicate browse sequence disappeared.

Thanks for trying to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2014 Nov 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Screen shot below.  Note that the browse sequence for NAACCR Data Standards and Data Dictionary is duplicated in the drop down.  A colleague helped me fix this by opening the .hhp file in Notepad and deleting a second entry under [MERGE FILES] for that component of the merged project.  This problem apparently happens when a merged project is copied and modified.  The .hhp file can end up with two entries for a component, one with a full path and one without.  I deleted the duplicate with the full path, recompiled, and the duplicate browse sequence disappeared.

Thanks for trying to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp