6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2017 6:57 AM by trshaner

Book fails to export to Blurb cant render one picture

rusocer

Hi

When i tried pdf, "pdf couldn't be created". No more messages.

When i try to upload to Blurb, in page 16 (of 128) quits "picture XYZ"cant be rendered"

However, i can export that picture normally from LR catalogue, in any quality, and says no problem of render.

Moreover, if i remove that  pic that couldnt be rendered..., and try to do a pdf, same "pdf couldn't be created" without any more hints, so seems that is not that pic in particular.

OpSystem: --> Light Room 5.7 (but I had same error with 5.2) and Windows 7 Professional, all legal copies

cheers

• 1. Re: Book fails to export to Blurb cant render one picture
          paulg69399347

The same problem is occurring with LR 6.8

Very disappointing that Adobe does not answer the various posts with the same question going back 2 years!

• 2. Re: Book fails to export to Blurb cant render one picture
            wobertc Adobe Community Professional

This being a User-to-user forum, it is unlikely Adobe would reply here.

But I sympathize with your problem. As a Book 'Beginner' I have read a few hints that may apply-

Try a couple of things-

First- Duplicate the Saved Book Collection in the collections panel- and experiment with the copy (to PDF)

In the Book Module -

1. Top Menu: Edit > Select all Text Cells (or Ctrl+Alt+A), then reset the font in the Text Panel using a commonly used font and reasonable text size.

2. Open the problem page image, go back to Library, create a virtual copy, use the VC to replace the problem image.

3. Check that any text boxes do not have text that exceeds the available size of the text box. ie. some of the text has disappeared from the text cell.

4. Problems with using 'Background' images appear in forum threads- try unchecking any use of background images both on the cover and Globally within the book pages.

5. Confirm that any photo you use in the book does actually exist and is available on the hard-drive. (In Library- Right-click and "Show in Explorer/Finder" to confirm,)

6. Top Menu: Edit > Book Preferences > place a check mark in-  "Constrain Captions to text safe areas"

Good luck!

• 3. Re: Book fails to export to Blurb cant render one picture
              paulg69399347 Level 1

Thank you kindly for your suggestions.

I will try them out and report back.

Regards

• 4. Re: Book fails to export to Blurb cant render one picture
                paulg69399347 Level 1

Thank you again for your suggestions. Unfortunately the problem does not lay with

the texts but with the colour profile it seems.

My book images needed to be converted to CMYK for the printer. Once I had done that

the conversion to Pdf refused to work. I obviously chose “Other”in the colour profile option

in the right hand menu (Book) as there is no CMYK option.

Once I changed this to one of the RGB options of course the Pdf conversion worked again.

BUT ~ The pictures were all re-converted to RGB so all my work was in vain.

Lightroom is obviously not for use with litho-printers as it does not seem to accept CMYK

colour profile.

The solution will be to convert each picture in the exported Pdf file to CMYK in Photoshop.

Very tedious. I must learn to use In Design.

Thanks again for your help though!

• 5. Re: Book fails to export to Blurb cant render one picture
                  wobertc Adobe Community Professional

I will leave any discussion about CMYK to the gurus- it's out of my league.

If you are sending the book from the Book module direct to Blurb using the Lightroom function then there is no CMYK involved. With my books I edit to look good on my calibrated screen and transmit to Blurb- and always happy with the result. I do not even consider the color profile.

Search the forums- there are other threads re CMYK.

• 6. Re: Book fails to export to Blurb cant render one picture
                    trshaner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

paulg69399347 wrote:

The solution will be to convert each picture in the exported Pdf file to CMYK in Photoshop.

Very tedious. I must learn to use In Design.

Blurb has an InDesign plugin that simplifies the process of creating a book with InDesign: Adobe InDesign plug-in for books, ebooks & magazines | Blurb

Concerning CMYK profile conversion, I do my book layouts using InDesign with ProPhoto RGB working color space. This allows me to repurpose the book layout for creation of PDF and eBook files with wide-gamut color. Some more discussion on the subject here: Re: Pro Photo RGB to CMYK