5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2014 11:33 AM by A.T. Romano

No Disk error in Premiere Elements 13

Geewiz1955

I am getting the following error:  "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive\Device\Harddisk1\DR1."   If i click continue about 5 times the box disappears & I can continue working. The same thing occurs at random when i am attempting to do different operations with the same result. I can work within the program, however the constant error message is annoying. I have searched these forums & tried the different methods of uninstalling & reinstalling, deleting the recommended files, & running a Ccleaner. I can't find any other recommendations on this problem. Please help!

• 1. Re: No Disk error in Premiere Elements 13
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Geewiz1955

Premiere Elements 13 on what computer operating system? For now, assuming Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit.

What is your computer drives arrangement? How many removable drives do you have, and what are their drive letters?

See Computer/Manage/Disc Management.

Reports of the problem that you are describing can be found for Premiere Elements many versions.

Back in 2012, the word was to use Cancel and wait for an answer from Adobe who was working on the problem.

In 2013, the cause and effect seem to target the SmartSound feature....SmartSound feature is gone in Premiere Elements 12 and 13.

Microsoft and some visitors to this forum suggest getting to the core of the problem through drive letter changes for some removable drives.

Did you install Premiere Elements 13 from installation disc or from installation files from online download? I favor the uninstall/ccleaner run through/reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) approach to getting rid of the issue. But, problems with the same symptoms can (often do) have different causes.

More later.

ATR

• 2. Re: No Disk error in Premiere Elements 13
            Geewiz1955 Level 1

I am using Windows 7 64 bit with a a dvdrw drive as letter D, 3 flash drives E, G & J, external hard drive H, & system reserved is F. I downloaded Premiere Elements 13 directly from the Adobe store, digital. I do not have a hard copy. I did do the uninstall/ccleaner run through/reinstall with antivirus & firewalls off, but the problem still exists. If this has been going on for may versions, I wonder why there hasn't been a fix. Thank you. Anything you can do would be appreciated.

• 3. Re: No Disk error in Premiere Elements 13
              rdlm

I'm having the same problem. I have a few-days-old 64 bit Windows 8.1 computer, and I just loaded Premiere Elements 13 onto it tonight. Whenever I attempt to start the application and start a new project (Video Editor -> New Project), I get an error "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into Drive E:." Note that Drive E is my DVD drive, from which I had loaded Premiere. If I hit Cancel six times in a row, the app starts. I get the same error on Exit, but only need to hit Cancel twice. If I actually have the Premiere DVD in the drive at the time of startup or Exit, then it starts/exists fine -- no error message.

• 4. Re: No Disk error in Premiere Elements 13
                rdlm Level 1

I fixed it! Or at least it's working fine for now!

I did two things. I suspect all I needed to do was the second thing, which was reboot my system.

But in case that isn't enough, I'll describe what the *first* thing I did was. It's a bit complex...

1) I ran the app, selected Video Editor -> New Project, and hit "Cancel" 6 times to get into the app.

2) Selected Help -> Signout

3) Quit the app. Had to hit Cancel multiple times.

4) Tried to run the app again. It insisted I log in, so I did. But it also insisted that I was in a 30 day trial!?? After fussing around a bit, I ended up telling it I wanted to license the product, after which I was prompted for my license key again. I re-entered it. The app still complained about "No Disk".

It was at this point that I did the second step -- a reboot -- and the problem went away.

• 5. Re: No Disk error in Premiere Elements 13
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

rdlm

Great great news. Great job getting rid of the difficult issue of Premiere Elements 13 No Disc Error.

I will make a copy of what worked for you to share with others who might find themselves in a situation

similar to the one that you faced. Let us see if it works for them also. Hope so.

Best wishes as you move forward with your Premiere Elements projects.

ATR