Hi, I was recently filming some video on an Android phone. We sent the .mp4 files to my computer. I opened them with Windows Media Player, and they were fine. When I opened Premiere Pro and imported the files and played them, all the audio was messed up. Some videos had other video's audio. Also, some videos were cut short. One of the videos had audio from a video on the Android phone that I didn't even transfer to my computer. I exported the video to a .wmv, and the audio and video were still messed up. I put the videos into Windows Movie Maker, and it was all normal. I don't know why this is happening!
This to me sounds like a variable frame rate problem, which Adobe does not support. I do not do Android. Can someone else comment.
You'll need to check around ... there are transcoders that can take variable-frame-rate clips and convert them to standard constant-frame-rate clips. I think there's something called "handbrake" ... something like that ... that a few people have posted here about. You can search this forum for variable frame rate and converting, and probably find those threads.