4 Replies Latest reply on May 22, 2008 2:24 PM by nasaland

Bitmap to Vector?

jamiemac2005
      okay, so flash has a funtion called "trace bitmap" which i have found very useful and i want to know if fireworks has a similar function but i've looked and cant find it? anyone help?
        • 1. Re: Bitmap to Vector?
          Level 7
          In Fireworks 8 you can make a bitmap selection with one of the bitmap tools
          (magic wand for example) and Select > Convert Marquee to Path. Not available
          in previous versions.

Peter
          useful and i want to know if fireworks has a similar function but i've
          looked and cant find it? anyone help?

• 2. Re: Bitmap to Vector?
            Level 7
            jamiemac2005 wrote:
            > okay, so flash has a funtion called "trace bitmap" which i have found very useful and i want to know if fireworks has a similar function but i've looked and cant find it? anyone help?

There is no auto trace feature in FW.

--
            Jim Babbage - .:Community MX:. & .:Adobe Community Expert:.
            Extending Knowledge, Daily
            http://www.communityMX.com/
            CommunityMX - Free Resources:
            http://www.communitymx.com/free.cfm
            ---
            .:Adobe Community Expert for Fireworks:.
            news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.fireworks
            news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver
            • 3. Re: Bitmap to Vector?
              jamiemac2005 Level 1
              okay cheers..... i'll try the marquee thing if not i'll do what i need to in flash then import it all into fw
              • 4. Re: Bitmap to Vector?
                nasaland
                PJR
                I saw your response to jamiemac2005 - it was something I was needing as well, and recently upgraded because I had an old version that didn't have the convert to marquee option.
                I have used it, and it seems to work great, except..... when I convert to hotspot, it seems to have different properties than when I create a regular polygon hotspot. It's opaque rather than translucent, and when converted to html, the hotspot areas are gray rather than invisible as those with the polygon hotspot tool. Does anyone know how to modify so that these are the same as those created with the polygon hotspot tool?
                (another) jaime