2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2014 2:42 PM by Peter Spier

Copying a part of image from one file to another

newtoid

I am very new to InDesign, 2days old. I have to copy a small part of an image from one file and to paste on the other file. Is it possible? If yes, can you anybody explain me step by step?

• 1. Re: Copying a part of image from one file to another
          Derek Cross Level 6

Welcome to the forum.

Briefly, I would open the image in Photoshop. Crop the area you want. Size it to the finished size at (for printing) 300ppi, save it in the folder where you are going to save your InDesign document. Create a new InDesign document, choose Print for the intent, select the page size, margins, etc. save and name your document. You can place (command/control D) your image. Resizing it and positioning it to suit.

By using a PSD file you can easily round trip back to Photoshop to make more changes.

You should get some lessons, such as those on Lynda.com and Trainsimple.com and there are some excellent books available as well - Classroom in a Book and Visual Quickstart Guide.

Derek

• 2. Re: Copying a part of image from one file to another
            Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

There may be no need to crop in Photoshop. You can use the same image (copy/paste), then use the Selection Tool (black arrow) to move the frame edges inward to crop.