2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2014 9:07 PM by Warunicorn

Getting rid of sunlight through a window in a picture?

doctorspontaneous

IMG_20140818_163502632.jpg

I have this panoramic photo I took using my phone (Droid Ultra). I've messed with the sharpness and color but the huge glare from the two windows is really messing up the picture.

Is there any way I can dim these huge glares?

Also as a bonus help: You'll see the panoramic effect made the records in the middle of the picture choppy. The Spot Healing brush doesn't fix this very well. Any ideas on how to fix this?

• 1. Re: Getting rid of sunlight through a window in a picture?
          Semaphoric Adobe Community Professional

Add an adjustment layer with the mask filled with black. With the Elliptical Marquee using a lot of feather, make two circles over the windows, and fill the mask with white there. This will make the adjustment apply only to the windows area.

The type of adjustment is up to you. I tried with Levels, with only so-so results. Ditto with Brightness/Contrast.

Another thing you can do is make a selection like the mask I described earlier, and run Image > Apply Image a few times. You'll still need to use a brush to touch up some of the color fringing.

• 2. Re: Getting rid of sunlight through a window in a picture?
            Warunicorn Adobe Community Professional

Adding to what Semaphoric said, you could run the image through Filter > Camera Raw Filter (assuming it's not a RAW image in the first place) and drag the highlights down (either under the Basic tab generally or the Adjustment Brush). You could even run it through a couple of times.

It's no panacea but it'll at least get rid of the harsh glare as a start.